“Average BBQ at best”

Dickey's Barbecue Pit
Ranked #32 of 127 Restaurants in Pooler
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed January 30, 2013

the people at this restaurant were very friendly. unfortunately, the food did not deliver. We tried 3 different meats (pulled pork, brisket and ribs). All were less than average. The sides were OK, but the baked beans were way too "smokey" for my taste. Maybe we got them on an off night, but overall 3 stars is the best we could rate this place.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We went there on our one night stopover in the Pooler area because it was the number one ranked restaurant in town. Really?

The food is fine and the cost is low. But the place is a fairly small hole in the wall with no table service (you go to the counter to order and they bring to the table but get your own fountain drinks). Not a relaxing stop after spending the day on the road.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

My husband and I decided to stop for barbecue in Georgia on our way south to Florida. Dickey's had the feel of your local neighborhood joint. The waitress was quick to help out when we said it was our first time here. She went through the menu, guiding us to her favorites. I got the biggest baked potato I have ever seen, stuffed with brisket, butter, and cheese -- I didn't want the sour cream, but it was available. Mmmm. My husband got the pulled pork platter. He loved the barbecue and said the sweet sauce was really good, as was the macaroni and cheese. And to top it off, the ice cream was free! We WILL be back, especially since it is just about a mile off I-95.

1  Thank 58Annie58
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We were going to a movie at the IMAX theater in Pooler so we decided to eat somewhere nearby before the show. My wife checked the reviews on Tripadvisor and found Dickeys Barbecue Pit. Boy howdy, am I glad she did! We walked in and were greeted by the delicious aroma of meat smoking and friendly people who were very helpful in telling us about their special plates and sides. We ordered pulled pork and smoked chicken (tender, juicy and delicious) with baked beans, fried onions, baked potato casserole and the best Brunswick stew I have ever tasted. We were informed about the free dill pickle spears and ate about a half dozen with our meal -yummm! After eating every morsel, we enjoyed the free ice cream for desert. I was so full after our meal I felt like I needed someone to carry me out of there; however, I did make it out to the car without assistance :). This place is a considerable distance from our home in Savannah but we will make a point to go back and eat here often. If you want to have the best barbecue you ever tasted in a clean, friendly casual environment, Dickey's is the place. We all know that employee attitude, knowledge of the product and attentiveness all play an important role in one's first impression of a restaurant. The folks at Dickey's are highly motivated to make sure you enjoy your dining experience. You will not be dissapointed!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Dickey's Barbeque Pit is our favorite place to pick up take-out bbq! The barbeque is great and the rolls are really uniquely delicious, too! Six rolls and half a pound of barbeque feeds 4 at my house and the price is really reasonable.