“Great Place To Stay”

Travelodge Suites Savannah Pooler
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Pooler
Reviewed August 3, 2009

I've been staying at this Travelodge for the last six years. The staff made my stay most enjoyable and went out of there way to do so. Janet at the front desk was the best, and always greeted me with a smile. The room was very clean, including the bathroom. Also the hallways and the grounds outside was most colorfull.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Suites Savannah Pooler

Reviewed July 20, 2009

We stayed at this hotel in July as a midway stop to Orlando. We had two king rooms, one for our Daughter, her Husband and children and one for us. The rooms were not clean. Hair in the bathrooms etc. There were bugs in the room.
We asked for a wake up call, that never came. Come to find out, that the phone did not ring. The ringer control was broken off and could not be turned on. The pillows were hard as a brick. We ended up rolling up bath towels to use for a pillow.
The breakfast buffet was awful. The eggs were cold and tasted like powdered eggs. The breakfast area was very congested and not very clean. The entire hotel had a very strange smell to it. I would never stay there again.
This is the only time, I have bothered to leave a negative review, but felt the need to get this information out there, so others could avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank MomMomK
Reviewed July 19, 2009

Anyone looking for a that caters to their customers can find it at the Travelodge in Pooler, Georgia. I am from Ohio and traveled to Georgia with my husband and three children, talk about southern hospitality. When we arrived the lady at the front desk was extremely helpful and friendly. The room was clean and the pool was wonderful. It was located close to stores and restraunts. It was a great experience and I will definitely stay there on my next trip south.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank avidtraveler74
Reviewed June 26, 2009

I had a very positive experience staying at this motel. The rooms were very spacious, with a couch and two desks provided in the suite, plus a microwave and refrigerator. Water pressure was good in the shower, and very little noise from outside (or inside). Breakfast was good, though seating was limited. Front desk staff were helpful, and last, but not least, the rate was very low for the comfort provided.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank PreacherEngineer
Reviewed June 21, 2009

Remodeled bathrooms had a nice long countertop.
Scrambled eggs for breakfast were nice but cold since they didn't have heater under them.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank acallen
Reviewed June 15, 2009

My friend and I stayed in this hotel on June 5th and I believe I am still expereincing PTSD symptoms from what we went through. We came to the pooler GA area in route to visit Savannah and since past reviews of this hotel were positive, we thought we had a winner. Upon arrival, we were greeted with a fairly decent staff member, but once she gave us the key to our room the nightmare began....
We stayed on the first floor, I think room 121. The hallways smelled like the carpets had not been shampooed in 5 years and there was a faint smell of bug spray in the hallway too. Once we got to our room, the bug spray smell got stronger. We also noticed there was a crack in the bathroom floor and rust in the tub. The room just felt unclean, but since it was so late at night when we arrived (Around 12 midnight) we thought we could just stick it out. We checked for bed bugs, but found none... If only we knew what the real problem was....

The next morning, we were awaked at 8 am sharp to the sound of banging noises upstairs. Aparhently, the hotel management thought it would be nice to serenade guests this early in the morning to the sound of remodeling going on the 2nd floor. My friend and I decided that it was best to begin our day since rest was impossible. We opened the blinds in our room, only to find that the window glass had the biggest crack in it, it looked like a bullet hole. THEN we noticed in the corner of the bed room, the wall paper was peeling. Upon closer look, we noticed that behind the peeling paper there was BLACK MOLD. The management made a pitiful attempt to hide the mold by sticking a chair infront of the area. We quickly packed our things to escape but not in enough time...
At that very moment a flying cockroach came crawling up the wall.
My expereince at the travelodge in pooler GA was so tramatic, I still become sick to my stomach when I think about the whole expereince.
STAY FAR AWAY. Yeah the prices are cheaper than the downtown Savannah hotels but consider this: Your not saving money if you have to invest in emotional therapy after your stay in this dump. BEWARE!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pepiluv
Reviewed June 8, 2009

the staff was very friendly and went out of their way to make our stay very enjoyable.the only thing they could improve was the carpets needed cleaned as well as the pool needed a good cleaning. over all the stay was very enjoyable and well priced.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple