“Great hotel for the money”

Travelodge Suites Savannah Pooler
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Pooler
Reviewed June 8, 2009

We like to go to Savannah as many times a year as we can manage and we always try to save a little money on the hotel. No since in paying for something that you only sleep in. Until recently we have been staying in the Savannah Southside area and decided to stay in Pooler this time. Not only were the staff extremely friendly they also made sure that we had fresh towels throughout our stay. We usually do not let room service clean our room while we are there and this hotel obeys the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. We are planning another trip in September and we will DEFINITELY be staying at this Travelodge.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stevgtguy
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Suites Savannah Pooler

Reviewed June 8, 2009

I was in Savannah for an overnight business trip. I booked my room on line and upon arrival at the Travelodge in Pooler I was greeted by very friendly customer service offering anything to make my stay more comfortable. I got to the room and was pleased with the cleanliness, comfort and ammenities. You could NOT ask for a better night's sleep and a more friendly staff. Breakfast was wonderful too. When I come back to the Savannah area, I intend to stay at Travelodge Suites in Pooler and hope to spend more time so I can enjoy the pool too.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 7, 2009

What is the matter with you people that gave this hotel a good review?!  Are you serious?!This is a TERRIBLE hotel!  It was very dirty, the cleaning crew was shady and the breakfast is seriously a joke.  You need to run for your lives away from there as fast as you can!   Something interesting happened to us and I was wondering if it happened to anyone else. The night attendant called our room at around 11:30pm and told us that she gave us back too much money ($10 dollars too much.)  It seemed fishy to us and we double checked our money and she did not give us $10 dollars extra.   We think she might have been scaming us or all other cash paying customers.  IT could have been a mix up, but it seemed shady.  When we told her we were not going to pay, she got mad and said that she "would keep us up all night."  it was an uneventful night, but everything about the hotel was horrible.  i felt this way even before the incident.Just wondering if anyone else experience that as well.  Just be careful and be on the lookout for that scam when paying with cash.  Better yet, stay away.  Don't be fooled by the reasonable price.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank scottcat
Reviewed May 23, 2009

Have stayed here for the past three years as a half way stopping point on way to
Daytona. It has always been a pleasant experience. Staff is efficient, courteous and
there to help in any way they can.. Complimentry breakfast is included and this year
they have added scrambled eggs and waffles to their menu.
Location in great - easy on - easy off exit 102 and there are many eating places close
at hand.

Reviewed May 20, 2009

The room was clean, had a mic and a refrig and was quiet.

Reviewed May 20, 2009

Fast and courteous check in was a wonderful experience for a change; all information was provided about services and anything we might need up front. The room was most comfortable with the best night's sleep out of town we've ever had. The continental breakfast was delicious and very convenient to help get us on our way for a busy day of sight seeing. Location I was afraid might end up being a mistake due to the airport but we heard one plane upon arrival and that was it, we never noticed another one during our 3 day stay. Check out was just as quick as check in. Thank you all for a great stay!!!

1  Thank TBS2
Reviewed May 19, 2009

This is the best hotel I have stayed at... Price is very reasonble, rooms were great size, and staff was extremly friendly. I have spine issues so the bed in the hotel really matters. This bed was as close as you could get to my bed at home. Not worn out or to hard- When I say just right I am not lying. The first night we went through a booking website and planned to stay the second night closer to coast, but liked it so much we called and drove back to this hotel from Jeckyll Island. The breakfast they provided was a nice variety everything from jucies, different cerals, waffles, eggs, oatmeal, grits, muffins, and more. The staff there was incredible nice always had a smile on there face and spoke when you walked by desk. One last thing that really impressed me when we were leaving I saw a guy cleaning the bathroom in a room that someone had already checked out of and he was on hi hands and knees scrubbing it with cleaner....

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family