All reviewsroom was cleanindoor poolenjoyed my staystaff was friendlysausagewaffle makerbiscuitscracker barrelsavannah areaconvenient locationfree breakfastwould stay againmicrowaveratesinterstateclerkexit
Reviewed January 28, 2009

We had stayed at expensive hotels in the past, but friends of ours suggested we try Travelodge for cost ,comfort ,and convenience. We first stayed at Travelodge Suites in Pooler, GA on our way to visit family in Florida. We were immediately impressed with the bright clean lobby, the friendliness and the professionalism of the personell. Lydia, at the front desk, made us feel at home and Sam Patel, the general manager, personally welcomed us. He got me an extra pillow and when I told him later that I especially liked the lotion,(due to very dry skin) he had several sent up to me in the morning. The staff even brought us warm, fluffy towels to the lovely poolside. We won't stay anywhere else now! It's home away from home.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2009

We travel to and from Florida twice a year. We have finally found the perfect stopover and plan to return there each time we travel South. We located the Travelodge in Pooler, Georgia, in our AAA tour book while looking for a motel that would accommodate our small dog as well. I was so pleased when the receptionist gave us a reasonable rate with only $10 more for the dog. Half expecting to see an old out-dated accommodation, I was surprised to find a new facility as we drove up. That was only the beginning of the surprises. We found that we could have a nice continental breakfast in the morning and high-speed internet that evening all for free. The receptionist recommended Spanky's for dinner, a great local restaurant. We were close enough to Savannah to do a driving tour after dinner. Having had friends experience a car break-in at a motel stop recently, we felt secure that a camera was pointing toward our car in a well lighted parking lot that night. I didn't even notice the indoor swimming facility until we had breakfast the next morning. The Travelodge was all we would expect for being clean and roomy with bonuses galore. We'll be back!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2008

Google Maps Via Blackberry found this little gem for me, The rate was very reasonable and the room exceptional; also have an indoor heated pool. Manager addressed the one small concern that I had and he gave me more than I asked for; if on 95 traveling and need an overnight stop I would consider staying here.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed November 21, 2008

The only redeeming factor of this hotel was the male desk clerk who was most helpful. Our microwave didn't work, huge mark(?) on headboard, sheets and blankets old and worn, not enough lighting in room, tub dirty, tiles cracked, vent noisy , scuff marks on walls,and carpets were dirty and dusty. Breakfast bar was filthy-donut case had all kinds of hand/finger prints on it, trash bin had dried milk over front of it and breakfast was dismal to say the least.
No handicap parking. Room was dirty and dusty as well as the lobby and the computer screen had fingerprints all over the screen. Housekeeping staff must do the minimum required, if even that. I would never stay at this place again.
Management needs to takke a GOOD look at the lobby and the rooms to see what the staff ISN'T doing!

Stayed: November 2008
1  Thank consumer39
Reviewed October 25, 2008

We stay in many value hotels on long drives. We booked here through our Wyndham Rewards on the way to Disney. We booked a non smoking suite.

Upon arrival at around 10 pm we checked in quickly. The entire hotel was filled with cigarette smoke and dirty. When we got to our room, which had a no smoking sign on the door it was filled with the stench of cigarette smoke and had ashtrays on every table.

My husband went downstairs to ask for another room. They sent us to the 2nd floor this time. This hallway was also filled with a haze of cigarette smoke. When we got into our room our eyes and throats burned from the smell of mold. It was overpowering. Both rooms were also absolutely filthy with hair on the counters and floor and crud around the walls and furniture as well as under the tv.

We then went down to speak with a manager who gave us our 3rd room, which was "the best in the house". While this room did did reak of mold or cigarettes, it had spills running down the walls, our chargers wouldn't stay in the outlets, but fell out because the outlets were coming out of the walls. The furniture was run down and shabby and the linens were stained and the blankets old and dingy. We were so tired at this point we spread out towels on the beds and went to sleep.

When we went out in the morning for coffee I checked out the Microtel across the street, which was 1000 times cleaner and no smells and 10 less expensive to boot! I went back to the Travelodge and cancelled the rest of our reservation.

When I went back upstairs, the sunlight was coming in through the window and I could see billows of dust and particles floating through the air. I could not wait to get out. Upon checkout, the desk staff would not give us a receipt. We had been promised a discount after changing rooms 3 times. The manager who cancelled our reservation was suddenly claiming she was not a manager anymore and she would not honor the discount. When we said we dispute the room charge with our credit card companty she smiled and giggled and said "Too bad we already have your money". We said we would return when the "real" manager returned.

Later that day we returned to see the "real" manager. He promptly comped the entire room. He was friendly and tried to be accomodating, but I feel sorry for the guy because he has such dump for a hotel.

I am shocked at the reviews before mine that anything positive to say about any aspect of this hotel. We saw many rooms and every floor. They were all dirty and every floor was filled with cigarette smoke and stench. As for the pool, the patio around it and the pool itself were absolutely filthy. My husband is a pool operator and commented on the poor water quality and substandard conditions at the pool. He said he would not let us swim in it.

My family and I are not pretentious or critical. We often stay at Howard Johnsons, Days Inn, etc. to save some dollars on the way to our destination. We do expect a clean room wherever we go though. This hotel was disgusting and I would not refer anyone I know to stay here. If you have allergies or respiratory problems, definitely DO NOT even think of staying here.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family