“No no no”

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Pooler
Pooler, Georgia
“No no no”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This is the worst travelodge I have ever stayed at. I stay in hotels 6 months a year and travel all around the country and my company books rooms at this chain most of the time. The place smells even with the air freshener fans in the halls the rooms smell damp and moldy, I keep a sleeping bag in my car so I used it to sleep in on the bed because I was scared to sleep under the covers. I was awaken all night from noise from the room above mine for the three nights I was here. The place needs a total renovation or better yet torn down and a new one built.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed October 28, 2012

that being said there is nothing about this hotel that would make me run screaming fr/ it or have me tell people to avoid it at all costs. The hotel is relatively clean, the rooms are nice-sized and have decent appointments--mini-fridge, micro-wave, brand new flat screen TV (still had labels), comfortable bed (if a bit soft), decent work area--but the terms I want to use about the place are "haphazard", "cheap" (& I mean "cheap" not inexpensive), "lack of attention to detail". The rooms were recently painted but it looked as if some one threw paint at the walls hoping it would stick......to the walls....or the doors...or the fixtures....or the carpet.... There were permanent stains in the tub that could have been repaired w/ a bit of effort and we actually witnessed the protective corner molding peel off fr/ the wall--seriously, we heard a noise and looked as the stuff just worked its way off the wall. The "decor" was interesting as two pictures apparently replaced two pictures as the original picture holes were not repaired or painted over and the new pictures did not fit the space. Either the people in the room above us were very heavy or there was not a lot of sound-proofing between floors as we heard every step they took. Breakfast was less than average but apparently they were proud of it as it was advertised at the desk but hard-boiled eggs, make-your-own waffles, cold cereal, bad coffee, &c was not some thing of which they should necessarily be proud.
It was over-priced but I suppose that is b/c they are labeled as a "suite" (which I suppose means they have a sleeper couch--even if it has been tied down w/ a garbage bag) and is as close to Savannah as it is. Over-all it is a place w/ rooms in a convenient spot near Savannah.

Room Tip: Apparently a lot of truckers stay here as they seem to start their trucks between 4 & 6 am. I h...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ORLANDO
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed for one night (we were just passing thru on I-95). The first room (on the first floor) stunk of mildew and was right next to a side door that was propped open with lots of people streaming in and out (at nearly 10pm). We moved to the second floor, where we felt safer but that room stunk of perfume (or some awful flowery cleaner). Too late to change even though the allegedly non-smoking room had cigarette burns on the comforter and blankets. Ew.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We expected reasonably clean and reasoably nice - we got excellent. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the breakfast was about normal, the pool was small - but indoors and quite met our needs - so far fine. And then we got to the room! Though technicall one room this was a very large piece of territory that met our needs - my wife is mildly handicapped - and more for space, and allowed me to read in the later portion of the evening while she slept comfortably. The bedroom part by itself seemed a bit larger than most (no, I didn't measure it) and we got two Queen size beds that were delightful to sleep in. Travelodge here will definitely be our stop on the way north from now on!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family