“Great visit!”

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Pooler
Gainesville
“Great visit!”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Great visit! The rooms were spacious and clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the indoor pool was lots of fun, especially since it was a bit cool and rainy outside. The location was just minutes away from downtown Savannah. I will definitely be staying here again soon!

Room Tip: The third floor was nice and quiet...the first floor may be a bit noisy due to the indoor pool.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
dpooler, Manager at Travelodge Suites Savannah Pooler, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to savannah,we will be happy to serve you again in future ,please contact us by email or phone to make future reservation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Spring Lake, NC
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I selected this hotel because of the price and location, intending to spend a weekend in Savannah, and I was pleasantly surprised by the accommodations. The rooms were very spacious, well furnished, and clean. I enjoyed the indoor pool quite a bit as well; it was a bit chilly and raining that weekend, but it was nice to still be able to swim in comfort. I also took advantage of the continental breakfast. The staff was friendly and helpful, and I had no issues during my stay. I will be using this hotel again the next time I'm in Savannah.

Room Tip: Double-queen rooms include a table with two chairs for meals, coffee, or work.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
dpooler, Manager at Travelodge Suites Savannah Pooler, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
We are glad you enjoyed your weekend at our hotel & we look forward seeing you again,please make a note that you can contact us directly by phone /email to make future reservation.
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I really don't expect much from most low to mid-priced hotels, but was surprised and impressed by this Travelodge in Pooler, GA.
Not only did they have the lowest rate in the area (on a Saturday night, no less!), but the room was clean, spacious, and well-furnished... including a fridge and microwave oven. The lobby was spotlessly clean and tastefully decorated, and the staff was friendly and professional. The indoor pool area was clean and the water itself was properly chlorinated (not saturated, as many are) and set at a comfortable temperature. Most impressive of all was the free breakfast the following morning; a wide variety of hot and cold foods that I'm told are available EVERY morning, not just on Sundays. Conveniently located next to I-95 in Pooler, GA (one exit north of I-16), it is a short drive to anywhere in the Savannah area, and well worth it! There are several fast-food restaurants, a convenience store/gas station, and a Food Lion grocery store within sight of the hotel and an easy walk to them. I highly reccomend staying here, and look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Reserve your choice of rooms 2 or more days in advance if possible, especially if you are a smoker...
1 Thank jerry p
dpooler, Manager at Travelodge Suites Savannah Pooler, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Thank you for your review,especially your ROOM TIP which will help us & other travelers too.Please contact us by e.mail or phone for the future reservations whenever you come to this area,once again thank you & see you next time.
Seattle, Wa
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I made reservations for this hotel because it accomodated more than 4 people, it was reasonably priced, it had breakfast, a pool, and we wanted a hotel close to the airport. We flew from Seattle to Savannah and arrived at the hotel at 1:00 in the morning on a Saturday. We were checked in by a friendly woman who was quick and efficient. I appreciated this because we were traveling with two teens and a 7-year-old who just wanted to go to sleep. When we walked in the door I was AMAZED at how large the hotel room was. We had two queen beds AND a pull out couch, perfect for our family. We slept the whole night without being disturbed by any noise at all (though the beds were a little more firm than I am used to). Before we all went to bed, I went back downstairs and asked for an extra pillow and blanket. The front desk woman found the items right away and I went back upstairs and we all went to bed.

I got up in the morning and went down to breakfast by myself. It's true that the seating area in the lobby is very small. I think there were 5 or 6 small tables with chairs. They served cereal, milk, juice, coffee, mini doughnuts and muffins, make-your-own waffles, and toast. I did not notice any fruit. There are signs that say don't take your food to your room, but I did anyway. There was no place to sit, so I'm not sure what they expect you to do. No one stopped me from walking upstairs with my food and I saw others doing the same thing.

Overall, I would stay here again. The price was reasonable, the hotel room was large, the breakfast was fine, and the front desk people were friendly.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ssmom1
dpooler, Manager at Travelodge Suites Savannah Pooler, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers , review like your always help us to improve our service , we understand our breakfast area is small and that's why we don't mind if customer take their food to the room .our goal is to build a long term relationship with our guest and inorder to do that we always try to give them 100%satisfaction .We will be happy to serve you again in future so please contact us by email/phone whenever you or your friends and family visit savannah .
Louisville
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Great price for friendly service, free wi-fi, free breakfast, and indoor pool. Plus easy access to interstates and just a short drive to Tybee Island, Hilton Head, and historic Savannah. We would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Emily V
dpooler, Manager at Travelodge Suites Savannah Pooler, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers,we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us,thats our main goal in this business.we hope see you again with your freind and family ,please note that you can always call or email us for future reservation ,we will be happy to serve you again.
atlanta, USA
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I'm a little surprised by all of the positive reviews this hotel has received. I booked the hotel based on these reviews and was dismayed at the experience.

We stayed at the Travelodge Suites for 2 nights while visiting Savannah. We got 2 rooms and the price was great - about $60/night (not including tax) with a free breakfast in the morning. The hotel front desk staff are very nice and helpful. However, there were a number of problems that came up during our stay. First, overall cleanliness of the hotel could be significantly improved. When we first arrived, there was the smell of spoiled baby's formula in the elevator. The hallway where our rooms were located had a heavy cigarette smoke odor. We had reserved a non-smoking room but when we walked in, we immediately noticed a cigarette smoke smell in the room. The sheets on the bed smelled of mildew/wet carpet smell. This happens when you leave wet laundry overnight in the washer and do not put it in the dryer right away. There weren't enough towels or pillows in the room and the TV's volume control mechanism was not working. The maintenance staff replaced the TV right away and hotel front desk gave us towels and pillows right away so they were responsive.

The breakfast was fine, but nothing special. Overall, I would say that the place needs good airing out and replacement of all of the carpets as they are completely embedded with smoke. They also seem short-staffed because the manager was also the cleaning crew for breakfast. Even with a budget hotel, they should not skimp on cleanliness.

This place is an easy, 15-20 minute drive to and from Savannah. There is an indoor pool but the smell of chlorine was so overpowering, none of us were willing to go in.

Room Tip: Ask for a upper level, front facing room and make sure the room is truly non-smoking.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank basbousa
dpooler, Manager at Travelodge Suites Savannah Pooler, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that as per your your comments we just got our carpet cleaned by proffesional carpet cleaner,also we got new airfreshner unit systemby scentair in our hallways,so hollways smells fresh now and we are waiting for our new bedding & towels ,already talk to the laundry person about the linen smell & got it fixed.
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed March 22, 2012

The room was very nice & good sized, excellent breakfast & a really good price. We had a sleeper sofa in the suite with our king bed in the room. There were only 2 of us, but we enjoyed the extra space.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sandy821
dpooler, Manager at Travelodge Suites Savannah Pooler, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Thank you for staying with us .Also, thank you for all of the wonderful compliments you gave us! We strive for 100% guest satisfaction, and we welcome all feedback. We hope to see you again in the near futurewith your friends & family.
Please note that you can now call/e-mail/visit us directly at 912-748-6363 or e.mail us at poolertvl@yahoo.com for future reservations.