“Wonderful staff”

Red Roof Inns & Suites Savannah Airport Pooler
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Pooler
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The staff was exceptionally helpful especially David and the manager. The best I encountered over many years of traveling.
David was extremely helpful in assisting us in how to navigate Savannah. The restaurant he recommended was excellent.
Arriving home I noticed that I had left an important item in my room. I called and spoke with the manager and he informed me the item had been turned into the office. He was very cooperative in arranging the return of my item.
I would highly recommend staying at this property

Peter

Room Tip: The desk clerk will be very helpful
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Angela C, Public Relations Manager at Red Roof Inns & Suites Savannah Airport Pooler, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Finneypf,
I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay here with us. David and the manager you had spoken with are just two of our great employees. We are proud of all staff members, the housekeeping staff for being great at turning in lost items and keeping the rooms spotless to the maintenance staff keeping everything in good working condition and keeping the outside clean. We are blessed with the wonderful staff that works together to get things done and go above and beyond to return your lost items. We hope next time you are in the Savannah area you stop in and after a long days drive relax by the outdoor pool then snack on some cookies and nachos all starting at 6 pm. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I reserved and was confirmed for a non smoking suite. That's what I paid for. However, when I arrived at the hotel, a non-smoking suite was not available, so they gave me a smoking suite. The room smelled awful and was not clean. When I complained about the room, they quickly gave me a double non smoking room which smelled better, however,there was a difference in price, but said they could not credit or refund me the difference. They told the booking agent that the upgraded me instead of downgrading me. Going from a suite to a double is a downgrade any day in my book. Neither the travel booking agent nor the red roof inn are concerned with customer satisfaction. As far as I am concerned, they are both rip-offs.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel.
Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank nitaj475

Dear Nitaj475,
I am very sorry to hear that this certain situation had occurred during your recent stay. We do our very best to work with those third party reservations, and sometime it doesn't work out the best like your situation but we do our very best. Next time I would suggest to book directly with your hotel and ask them if they can match the online rate that you had found. So next time you plan on staying in another hotel soon please call the hotel directly to get those special rate. But in the mean time we hope this experience doesn't discourage you from staying in red roof inns.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel was average. The hotel was clean but the outdoor pool water was slimy and my neighbors next door were noisy but all in all it was a good place to stay. The area was safe and very convenient to the highway

Room Tip: Ask for a quite room
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SusanandRobert4719
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed here for one night. It is located close to interstate & very convenient. We had a late arrival & the desk clerk was so nice & polite. Our room was very clean & comfortable. We enjoyed the ice cream as our late night snack which was a great treat. The beds were comfy, we slept soundly, Although it sounded like elephants dancing upstairs but that was the guest not the hotels fault,
Breakfast was waffles & bagels which were filling. The coffee & juice bar were great, The breakfast staff were very helpful & kept everything running very smoothly, We would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank holly j
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed here with my two yr old for about 2 weeks, staff is very polite especially AJ; and one in paticular who works the nite shift...glasses is all i remember about him.....i was given a cot for my lil one soon after arrival......quiet at nite too! we will be returning......

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights here. They picked us up from the airport. The gentleman at check in was very polite and offered coupons for tours.

The bed was not very comfortable. They were renovating the halls. No fruit for breakfast.

The location was excellent! Just down from the airport. Next to I-95 entry ramp. Sam's Club, Walmart, Ruby Tuesday's, Arby's, Sonic and more within walking distance!! Location, location, location.

• Stayed: April 2013
Angela C, Public Relations Manager at Red Roof Inns & Suites Savannah Airport Pooler, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Glad to hear that you took advantage of the airport shuttle we can offer to our guests, and the many restaurants and shopping centers with in walking distance. We are sorry for the inconvenience of the renovations we are currently doing but glad it didn't ruin your trip. Next time your going to visit Savannah stop on in for a reasonable price with many different amenities like nachos and cookies in the evening. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

This Red Roof was ok and better than the others along I-95 in Savannah, although the check in was a hassel. Not sure what happened, but there was some issue with the credit card and the credit card agent said it wasn't a problem they had. They have a breakfast buffet including a waffel maker. This day the juice machine was broken. The bed was comfortable and room clean. As usual the towels were Spartan. Easy off I-95 at exit 104. There are some good restuarants very close. I'd come back, so giving it a very good rating overall. .

Room Tip: We had our cat, so they put us on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us. We make sure all employees go above and beyond to make sure all guest are completely satisfied, even if there may be a few issues. We are proud to say that we are and ultra clean hotel even when we except pets. We hope to see you and your cat soon. Travel safe.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pooler
2 mi away
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pooler/Savannah
Quality Inn Pooler - Savannah I-95
Best Western Plus Savannah Airport Inn & Suites
Magnolia Inn & Suites Pooler
La Quinta Inn & Suites Savannah Airport - Pooler
Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah

Been to Red Roof Inns & Suites Savannah Airport Pooler? Share your experiences!