“Wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Pooler
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

My wife and i stayed here after a long day of driving. The front desk staff was courteous and efficient, suggesting a list of organizations offering a discount. My association with one of them got me a room with two full beds for $50.00..a truly unexpected value. While the furishings were sparse, the room, including the bathroom, was immaculate, well lit, and airy. The beds were extremely comfortable. We slept throught the night, until awakened by our prearranged wake-up call.
When we arrived at our next destination, some 12 hours later, I realized that I had left behind my brand new Canon Rebel EOS camera and lenses and accessories. I was extremely distruaght and immediatley called the hotel. The front desk ckerk transferred me to Ayjay Patel. Mr. Patel was amazingly accommodating. To my relief,he had my camera. He offered to take it to the local UPS office and ship it to me. After his work day was done he personally took the camera to the local UPS store and arranged for it to be shipped. The clerk at the UPS store called me from Mr. Patel's phone to get my credit card info. I wanted to write a letter to Mr. Patel's supervisor complimenting his efforts and found out that Mr. Patel is the supervisor...he is the General Manager of the hotel.

Mr. Patel's focus on customer satisfaction was obvious throughout my stay...a coiurteous and welcomming front desk staff, immaculately clean rooms, and extraordinary effort to see that my camera was returned safely to me.

Room Tip: Ask for a recenlty renovated room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank B R
Heather S, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inns & Suites Savannah Airport Pooler, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Wonderful Experience = Wonderful Review!

Thanks A Million!

Heather Springfield

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Dinsmore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I just do not understand how anyone can say this place is even fair never mind good? I can only assume the good reviews are hotel staff or owners b.s. The room I stayed in was 100% not cleaned properly before my stay. I mean I think the sheets were changed but that's about it. I had to buy a giant can of Lysol and baby wipes to clean the place myself. It was so dirty that I tried to clean a arm to a chair and after the fifth baby wipe came out black I just decided the chair was a lost cause. I figured the shower would of been cleaned but after I ran a face cloth over the wall it was obvious that not even that had been cleaned. It was so gross I just waited till I got home to shower the last day. I used a bunch of Lysol that's for sure. I also saw a bunch of small bugs around the sink area. I would say go somewhere else at all costs if you can. The owners and management and red roof should be TOTALLY EMBARRASSED for allowing the place to rent rooms in this kind of condition.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor and find another hotel to stay at is the best tip I can think of.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Unclean r
Heather S, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inns & Suites Savannah Airport Pooler, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review about your stay. I would like to apologize about the issues you experienced. As far as the cleanliness, I can 100% assure you that things would have been made right/to your satisfaction if they were mentioned to the hotel staff. The front desk is open 24 hours a day for your convenience. Also, our hotel features a 24 hour cleaning services for guests who wake up late or have flights departing late in the afternoon. Please take advantage of this convenience wherever you decide to stay in the future, I guarantee that my advice will help you in the future. The cleaning staff have been trained to make sure all rooms are "Ultra Clean", and we Guarantee this 100%. In addition to our clean rooms, our hotel offers fresh baked cookies every night and a nightly nacho's social hour. Give our top rated Tripadvisor hotel in Pooler, GA a chance, and we will not let you down.

Ocean City, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Stopped here after a long day of driving. The price was not bad, got in the room and the first thing I had to do was fix the toilet (chain had fallen off the handle). Turned on ac and a few minutes later there was a roach, then two and three and 2 babies in the fridge , got some roach spray from front desk, even though they assured me they didn't have roaches , sprayed the room, no more bugs. Didn't sleep well, worried about bugs.
One really good thing, we didn't find any bed bugs.
The pool was green and slimy, it looked disgusting.
They did have a security guard and it was quiet.

• Stayed November 2012
4 Thank runaway_gypsy
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review about your stay. I would like to apologize about the issues you experienced. As far as the cleanliness, I can 100% assure you that things would have been made right/to your satisfaction if they were mentioned to the hotel staff. The front desk is open 24 hours a day for your convenience. Also, our hotel features a 24 hour cleaning services for guests who wake up late or have flights departing late in the afternoon. Please take advantage of this convenience wherever you decide to stay in the future, I guarantee that my advice will help you in the future. The cleaning staff have been trained to make sure all rooms are "Ultra Clean", and we Guarantee this 100%. Pest control is contracted to provide preventative services monthly. In addition to our clean rooms, our hotel offers fresh baked cookies every night and a nightly nacho's social hour. Give our top rated Tripadvisor hotel in Pooler, GA a chance, and we will not let you down.

Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

one of the most gracious and considerate hotel staffs, in pooler . I frequent hotels in the area , but Mike (front desk) made me feel right at home and catered to us without question. the service was prompt, thte rooms were clean and the breakfast was beyond expectation. they go out of there way at red roof inn.

Room Tip: if you want a good nights rest this is the place !
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jamahr b
Dear Happy Guest,

In your fabulous review on our hotel you mentioned the following: "Breakfast was beyond expectation". Our breakfast now included "Make Your Own Waffles" & a Coffee Bar!

See You Soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Good price, clean rooms with a microwave and refrigerator. I left my laptop in the room after checkout, the management saved it for me, and would've mailed it to me if I wasn't so close to the hotel. Nice folks! We'll stay there again when in Savannah!

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank Tswomack
Dear Happy Guest,

In your fabulous review on our hotel you mentioned the following: "Clean". We are ultra clean because our housekeeping staff are trained very well. Our breakfast now included "Make Your Own Waffles" & a Coffee Bar!

See You Soon!

Lawrence, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Nastiest "hotel" we have even stayed at. Stained furniture. Filthy rooms. Dirty, stained floors. Peeling paint on walls and inoperable air conditioning in two different rooms. So-called other "guests" appear to live there. Trash, debris and shopping carts all over the property.

We would never have stayed overnight but Savannah hotels that night were all  booked and we were desperate. As an added bonus, the walls are paper thin and we could hear our neighbor vomiting at 3 am. Never, ever again.

An absolute hovel. Do not stay here.

• Stayed September 2012
5 Thank etac679

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

We spent one night with our tiny dog and this is one of the few newly renovated rooms with pergo or hardwood in the room. This was muchcleaner than the usual carpet one finds in a budget hotel. Our room was recently redone and easy to access from the outside-so great for travelers like us. Reasonable and lots of dining and shopping choices nearby. If a budget hotel can be excellent at what it offers, this one gets that rating.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel on your trip to Savannah. Our true "Southern Hospitality" has made us very popular. We simply ask that you enjoy our new fresh baked cookies upon arrival next time you stay with us.

Thanks A Million!

Heather Springfield
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pooler
BEST WESTERN PLUS Savannah Airport Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Savannah Airport - Pooler
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pooler/Savannah
Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Airport
Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler

Been to Red Roof Inns & Suites Savannah Airport Pooler? Share your experiences!