This Microtel has some serious problems. The front desk clerk made it clear when we checked in that we had disturbed her. She shoved a paper at us to sign, then shoved a room key card at us, without ever looking at us or saying more than a few words. When I asked which way
to the room, she acted angry and pointed. The room had an awful odor,
and the TV did not work, either did the air conditioner. I went back to the desk and asked for another room. The clerk was rude and complained about how maintenance is always a problem. The next room smelled badly and a couple of lights were burned out, but we stayed.
The rooms are so tiny that you can hardly turn around. Around 6 a.m. the next morning, we heard housekeeping shouting at each other in the
hallway and banging on room doors. I quickly put a Do Not Disturb sign on the room door, but that did not stop housekeeping from banging on our room door and wanting to know how soon we were checking out. Breakfast consisted of very watered down orange juice, dry toast, and some of the worst tasting coffee I ever had. Do not stay here. There are many other lodging choices in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Savannah Hilton Head International Airport and Historic Downtown Savannah Nearby Enjoy fun times and fond memories when you book your room at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pooler/Savannah hotel near Oglethorpe Speedway Park. Our hotel offers free parking and is conveniently located near Interstate 95 and Highway 80. Satisfy your hunger with free continental breakfast before swimming in our outdoor pool. Free Wi-Fi Internet access makes it easy to stay connected with family and friends. All of the rooms in our Pooler, GA, hotel come with microwaves and refrigerators, and we offer suites, non-smoking rooms and handicapped-accessible rooms. LOCAL ATTRACTIONS Learn about the life and legacy of the founder of the Girl Scouts of America at the Juliette Gordon Low Birthplace. Venture to the Mighty Eighth Air Force Museum and admire the collection of historic combat aircraft from WWII to the present. For high-octane thrills, head to Oglethorpe Speedway Park for stock car racing, truck and tractor pulls, motorcycle events and go-kart rides, just five minutes from our Pooler, GA, hotel. Only 2 miles away is the Tanger Outlet Mall and The Surf Lagoon Waterpark. Surf's up at Tybee Island, the ideal spot for swimming, boating, fishing and surfing, as well as shopping and dining. DINING OPTIONS Enjoy garlic bread, pasta dishes, subs and handmade pizza at Lovezzola's Pizza Family Restaurant, just three minutes from our hotel in Pooler, GA. Get a table at Sam Snead's Oak Grill & Tavern for finger food, flat bread sandwiches, grilled steaks, ribs and fresh seafood. Save your appetite for traditional southwestern dishes at Jalapenos Mexican Grill. BUSINESS AND EVENT FACILITIES Our Pooler, GA, hotel offers computer, copy and fax services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pooler/Savannah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn And Suites Pooler / Savannah
- Microtel Inn & Suites Pooler / Savannah Hotel Pooler
- Microtel Pooler
- Pooler Microtel