“Good food”

Pooler, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Good food, chili is really good. Great selection and nice environment. Friendly staff as well. Only been once but will go again.

• Visited January 2013

Chesapeake, Virginia
“First-time visit to a Fatz”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

This was a first ever visit for us to a Fatz Restaurant. It is one exit north of where we stayed at the Best Western, Pooler. There are several chain family restaurants located very near this one.

WE were seated immediately on this Saturday night, but it was rather early. The staff was very friendly and a manager did stop by or table to check on us.

We received fried biscuit with sweeten butter upon being seated. This can be very filling. The tomato bisque was very good, but cooler in temperature than expected. The waitress talked me into the Beef Tenderloin Tips, onions, mushrooms, peppers and gravy over rice. It plentiful, had a good flavor, but the beef was not that tender. My wife ordered their Parmesan Encrusted Fish, over rice pilaf and steamed broccoli. It was the better choice on this evening.

Upon returning to I-95, you must turn right (west) and do a U-turn in a block or two, but these was not difficult.

Hinesville, Georgia
“Pooler”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Very great place to eat and the managers are very helpful with business clients and working with them on there event needs. Great to see the Gulfstream discount

• Visited December 2013
Hardeeville, South Carolina
“Great beginning to a great vacation”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

On Nov 4 I took my in-laws from Kansas City, MO (the show me state) to Fatz Cafe in Pooler, GA on the first day of our 9 day vacation together. I wanted to (show them) where my wife and I go when we want a tasty meal at a reasonable price. A place where you will receive some good ole southern hospitality in a clean and friendly enviornment. When we first entered the establishment we were greeted warmly at the door by the hostess and she asked us if it was our first time there. Of course it was a no for my wife and I but my in-laws spoke out yes. We were seated and placed our orders and while we were waiting the hostess brought my in-laws a sample of their world famous Calabash chicken tenders. What a thoughtful gesture and a great start to a wonderful meal and vacation.
My wife, father-in-law and I had the all you can eat baby rack ribs which were fall off the bone tender, lip smacking fantastic (try the bourbon style), my mother-in- law ordered the Original Fatz Sampler and my son had the Calabash Chicken tenders.
We all agreed that Fatz was an excellent choice. Everyone enjoyed their meals and my in laws now wish that there was a Fatz Cafe in Kansas City. To all the employees at Fatz that made the start of our vacation a wonderful experience thank you.
Headed to Myrtyle Beach tomorrow to our condo at Oceans One.

2 Thank Tom G
Newport, United Kingdom
“JUST PERFECT”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

After debating where to go to eat we decided on Fatz , we had not eaten here before.
The atmosphere was very relaxing, Service very good and food was excellent.
All in all we both enjoyed our meal tremendously.

1 Thank andaces