“If a smokey bar is not your thing DON'T GO”
Review of Bahama Bob's

Bahama Bob's
Ranked #77 of 122 Restaurants in Pooler
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: 111 Canal St # 401 Pooler, GA 31322-4057 (912) 748-7777
Description: 111 Canal St # 401 Pooler, GA 31322-4057 (912) 748-7777
Atlanta, Georgia
“If a smokey bar is not your thing DON'T GO”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I was in Pooler for business and like seafood. I went to Bahama Bobs due Trip Advisors rating. The bad news is (this was based on going around 7pm) that it is #1 a bar / restaurant that allows smoking and #2 it is a local bar filled with people smoking, playing darts and pool. I had to take my jacket out to the car so it would not smell like smoke for my meeting the next day.

When I was a smoker a longtime ago I would have loved it. I am not an anti smoke fanatic but unless you actually like smelling like an ashtray when you leave you will be disappointed.

The good news is that the fried shrimp and oysters was good. Not oily nor over breaded. They appeared to be very fresh.

I am sure they make more money keeping the smoking bar regulars happy. Food appears to be an afterthought. I only observed about 6 people eating out of 60 patrons.

Not bad fish camp seafood but unless you like smoke do not go. When I returned back to the hotel I had to put my clothes in a plastic laundry bag so the rest of my clothes would not smell.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Frequent_Traveler_JP

Ottawa, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bahama Bob's”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This is the the third time I and my dad stopped at this place for supper at Bahama Bob's. We always stop here for the platter 'boil' on on our way to Florida. We have always enjoyed the food and drink. I don't understand the past comments about the waitresses or smoke. This is also bar. Regarding the famous blonde waitress and her hair - she is a wonderful waitress, beautiful and very good at her job. What more can you ask for; good food; great drinks; and a beautiful blonde waitress. Thanks for taking care of myself and my dad (boys from Ottawa, Canada) - see you next year Ashley :-)

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank mc-gord
The Vill
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bahama Bob's”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The restaurant was within a 1/2 mile of the hotel and recommended by the front desk. The atmosphire was very good, servers were very attentive and knowledable, the prices were less than expected, and the food was excellent. This must also be a local's favorite as well because when we pulled in the parking lot was full and there was no tourist attractions in the vacinity. WOuld go back if we are ever in the area.

• Visited December 2012
Savannah, Georgia
“Grilled Oysters!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I am addicted to the grilled oysters. I go here often in afternoon or for lunch. Yes, it is a colorful place and I don't go at night when the bar cranks it up.

• Visited March 2013
McDonough, Georgia
“Definitely a bar but good seafood”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Went to the "restaurant" after other trop advisor reviews. They were on the mark. 1st impression is of a large, neighborhood bar. Friendly waitress. Ordered steamed shrimp, my wife a shrimp po-boy. Both were delicious and hot. Great side of new potatoes and corn. A bonus -- cheap draft beer. Rating of 4 only because of bar atmosphere; food was a 5.

• Visited December 2012