“Very good value near Interstate.”

Magnolia Inn & Suites Pooler
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Pooler
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Traveling north from Florida we were looking for a nice hotel at a good price. We stopped at the Georgia Welcome Center and picked hotel booklets offering good deals in the State of Georgia. We found an ad for the Magnolia Inn.

We found the Magnolia Inn to be clean and very reasonably priced. Nearly as nice as a Hampton Inn. The room was clean, had a comfy chair, roomy enough and included a refrigerator and microwave. Quite satisfactory, especially for the price.

The breakfast was modest and in a small breakfast room. It would have been nice if the breakfast room was larger, but it was clean and the the food and drink was kept stocked.

I will definitely stay at the Magnolia Inn if I again in need of a room in the Savannah area.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank AlanWSNC
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Magnolia Inn & Suites Pooler, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

It is so good to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the Magnolia Inn & Suites. We appreciate you taking time to post this review so others know of your experience.
We truly appreciate your business and hope you will visit again as you travel in our area.

There are newer reviews for Magnolia Inn & Suites Pooler

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Pros: Smart, clean motel with large rooms to match and comfortable beds. Good service at reception. Easy parking.

Cons: Tiny dining room makes breakfast a crowded experience! Motel hard to find, look for the Holiday Inn, its behind that. Thin walls mean you share conversations, TV progs etc with your neighbours.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christopher S

We are so pleased that you chose to stay at the Magnolia Inn & Suites on your recent trip to the Savannah GA area. Thank you for posting your review, these reviews are very important to us.
We truly appreciate your business

Reviewed August 24, 2013

The service is excellent. Every employee we encountered smiled and greeted us, which is very hard to find at a reasonably priced hotels these days. The rooms are clean and updated with comfortable beds. Its right off I 95 with free breakfast included. We will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chelli72
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Magnolia Inn & Suites Pooler, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

It's good to hear that you enjoyed your stay, thank you for posting this review. Our staff works hard to make sure our guest have a pleasant stay with clean, comfortable rooms at a reasonable rate.
Your business is valued and appreciated by us all.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I was treated rudely. There were only six people staying there on the night that we stayed. I ascertained about a charge the next morning for a late checkout. All I wanted was an extra thirty minutes. The guy told me that I would have to pay half of my original $100 that I paid to stay the night. I thought I heard wrong, so I repeated it back to him and he said yes that is right. Keep in mind that they boast about having sound proof rooms. All night long we heard bumps in the night, doors being slammed, etc all night. With only six people spending the night, where was all the noise coming from? With only six people staying, you would think that thirty extra minutes would not have killed him, it's not like he had people waiting for the room. This guy was rude from the jump, did not speak I had to speak to him first. I told him that I had never heard of a hotel wanting half of what a nights stay for a few extended minues. Needless to say it did not end well, we traded insults because of the way he handled things and it got worse from there. He pointed to his skin and implied that i was treating him a certain way because of his race. He then says to me, why do YOU people have to act this way? Acting as though I had come to his hotel to start trouble.. Anyone should run far away from this place. The beds are soft but low to the floor, I have never experienced a bed being that low to the floor. There was so little tissue on the roll in the bathroom. It was late and I had to go back downstairs when I checked in to ask for tissue. I was told it's under the sink, I replied that I looked there and no it is not. I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN, NOT EVEN IF THE ROOM WAS FREE OF CHARGE. If it had not been so late and I hadn't reserved the room, I would have walked back out as soon as I took a look at the beds! Even kids sleep on beds higher thant that.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank kittyone2013

I would like to apologize to you for not receiving the treatment that you needed as a guest in our hotel. 1st, you ask for a 30 minute late check out that we agreed to do, then you wanted a 3 pm check out that we could not accommodate. It seemed you did not understand that we had a full house checking in that day and we needed every room to be ready on time. The Magnolia Inn & Suites is a very nice, clean, comfortable hotel. We have the best cliental any one could expect. You comments certainly does not reflect our service nor our property.
Again, I apologize for any inconvenience to you and your family, I have apologized to you, now you should apologize to Mr. Patel. He is owner and manager and is a very nice man.
We wish you safe travels.
Gloria M. Brown.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Room was clean staff not very friendly. Checked in at 3:30 am we were told by other people and other hotels rates are 75.00 to to 89.00. Checked in and rate was 99.00 and front desk would not honor lower rate. Breakfast ends at nine should be until checkout at 11:00. Got there at 9:00 and area cleaned up already could not even get a cup of coffee and staff could careless. At least leave the coffee out. Not worth the price. Word of mouth your best advertisement.
Manager seems to respond with "we will discuss with staff" on these reviews. Seems like staff does not care. Otherwise, they would not be repeating their same patterns. Could be a charming little place with a few of these changes and customer service skills.
Georgia is known foro southern hospitality and staff had none. Bed hard and tv did not work. No staff around to tell. On a positive note room eas clean.

• Stayed: August 2013
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Magnolia Inn & Suites Pooler, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

I am truly sorry that our accommodations did not meet your expectations. Our breakfast hours are posted and again I am sorry that it was too early for your needs, I really don't know any hotel that offers free breakfast that is open till 11 AM.
We appreciate you staying with us and wish you safe travels in the future.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This fit the travel budget for work in the area, and I admit I was worried about quality. I read the reviews and booked it to stay in budget. It is third and smallest in a row of newer hotels and difficult to see from the access road. We checked in after 10 and the lobby was closed, so check-in was through a plate glass window with a slot. (This did not make me feel more comfortable.) We were told to access our room via a key-card operated door to a side staircase. I was pleasantly surprised by the new clean hallway and fixtures. Once in the room there are granite counters and shower, the bed is low but comfortable, and there is a fridge and microwave. Everything was spotless and new. The night was very quiet, but the next morning we were able to hear a phone ring and the following conversation in the adjacent room. Breakfast was included, typical hotel fare, but very fresh. The room was small but not crowed.

Overall, it has a few quirks but it is a bargain.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

It is so good to hear that you were pleased with your stay at the Magnolia Inn & Suites in Pooler.
I understand your feeling about the night window but many hotel now use this to keep their night time employees safe ( it's just the world we live in). It certainly doesn't mean that the Magnolia is not a safe place to stay.
We are so glad you chose to stay with us and hope you will come visit us again soon.