“Horrific”

Magnolia Inn & Suites Pooler
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Pooler
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I was treated rudely. There were only six people staying there on the night that we stayed. I ascertained about a charge the next morning for a late checkout. All I wanted was an extra thirty minutes. The guy told me that I would have to pay half of my original $100 that I paid to stay the night. I thought I heard wrong, so I repeated it back to him and he said yes that is right. Keep in mind that they boast about having sound proof rooms. All night long we heard bumps in the night, doors being slammed, etc all night. With only six people spending the night, where was all the noise coming from? With only six people staying, you would think that thirty extra minutes would not have killed him, it's not like he had people waiting for the room. This guy was rude from the jump, did not speak I had to speak to him first. I told him that I had never heard of a hotel wanting half of what a nights stay for a few extended minues. Needless to say it did not end well, we traded insults because of the way he handled things and it got worse from there. He pointed to his skin and implied that i was treating him a certain way because of his race. He then says to me, why do YOU people have to act this way? Acting as though I had come to his hotel to start trouble.. Anyone should run far away from this place. The beds are soft but low to the floor, I have never experienced a bed being that low to the floor. There was so little tissue on the roll in the bathroom. It was late and I had to go back downstairs when I checked in to ask for tissue. I was told it's under the sink, I replied that I looked there and no it is not. I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN, NOT EVEN IF THE ROOM WAS FREE OF CHARGE. If it had not been so late and I hadn't reserved the room, I would have walked back out as soon as I took a look at the beds! Even kids sleep on beds higher thant that.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank kittyone2013
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Magnolia Inn & Suites Pooler, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

I would like to apologize to you for not receiving the treatment that you needed as a guest in our hotel. 1st, you ask for a 30 minute late check out that we agreed to do, then you wanted a 3 pm check out that we could not accommodate. It seemed you did not understand that we had a full house checking in that day and we needed every room to be ready on time. The Magnolia Inn & Suites is a very nice, clean, comfortable hotel. We have the best cliental any one could expect. You comments certainly does not reflect our service nor our property.
Again, I apologize for any inconvenience to you and your family, I have apologized to you, now you should apologize to Mr. Patel. He is owner and manager and is a very nice man.
We wish you safe travels.
Gloria M. Brown.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Room was clean staff not very friendly. Checked in at 3:30 am we were told by other people and other hotels rates are 75.00 to to 89.00. Checked in and rate was 99.00 and front desk would not honor lower rate. Breakfast ends at nine should be until checkout at 11:00. Got there at 9:00 and area cleaned up already could not even get a cup of coffee and staff could careless. At least leave the coffee out. Not worth the price. Word of mouth your best advertisement.
Manager seems to respond with "we will discuss with staff" on these reviews. Seems like staff does not care. Otherwise, they would not be repeating their same patterns. Could be a charming little place with a few of these changes and customer service skills.
Georgia is known foro southern hospitality and staff had none. Bed hard and tv did not work. No staff around to tell. On a positive note room eas clean.

• Stayed: August 2013
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Magnolia Inn & Suites Pooler, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

I am truly sorry that our accommodations did not meet your expectations. Our breakfast hours are posted and again I am sorry that it was too early for your needs, I really don't know any hotel that offers free breakfast that is open till 11 AM.
We appreciate you staying with us and wish you safe travels in the future.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This fit the travel budget for work in the area, and I admit I was worried about quality. I read the reviews and booked it to stay in budget. It is third and smallest in a row of newer hotels and difficult to see from the access road. We checked in after 10 and the lobby was closed, so check-in was through a plate glass window with a slot. (This did not make me feel more comfortable.) We were told to access our room via a key-card operated door to a side staircase. I was pleasantly surprised by the new clean hallway and fixtures. Once in the room there are granite counters and shower, the bed is low but comfortable, and there is a fridge and microwave. Everything was spotless and new. The night was very quiet, but the next morning we were able to hear a phone ring and the following conversation in the adjacent room. Breakfast was included, typical hotel fare, but very fresh. The room was small but not crowed.

Overall, it has a few quirks but it is a bargain.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

It is so good to hear that you were pleased with your stay at the Magnolia Inn & Suites in Pooler.
I understand your feeling about the night window but many hotel now use this to keep their night time employees safe ( it's just the world we live in). It certainly doesn't mean that the Magnolia is not a safe place to stay.
We are so glad you chose to stay with us and hope you will come visit us again soon.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Very clean. Nice place. Staff we interacted with was very nice. The room was a little on the small side, but it served its purpose of being a place for us to stay less expensively than being in the Historic district of Savannah, GA. (only 15-20 minute drive away)
There was a small refrigerator and microwave in the room.
The breakfast was a little disappointing. Breakfast options were already peeled hard boiled eggs, breads/bagels with toaster, two cereal options, apples, instant oatmeal or waffles. Coffee for hot beverage (would have liked to have hot chocolate since I am not a coffee drinker). They had cold water, apple juice, orange juice and milk.
The breakfast room was very small. There were seats enough for 12 people to sit in this room but it seemed very crowded when there were only 5 of us in there.
Did not like that they allowed smoking right at the entrance. So, for those of us who are allergic to it, had to walk through it in order to get into the hotel.
The pool and the fitness center are shared with the Sleep Inn next door (they are actually at the Sleep Inn). The pool was an indoor pool only 18 swimmers at on time can be in there since the pool is extremely small. It was 4 ft deep all the way around. If you do not actually want to swim and just want to be in water it is great, but there is not enough room for on person in the pool to do laps(or excercise). So, if you are actually looking to swim I would definitely not recommed this hotel for that. I did not check out the fitness center so I cannot comment about it.
Overall, I would stay there again if I needed to in order to save on the outrageous costs of hotels these days. It was a nice room and served its purpose.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Magnolia Inn & Suites Pooler, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you for your review, we strive to offer clean comfortable accommodations at a competitive rate. I will share your comments with the owner and our staff.
We appreciate your business and hope you will choose to visit again soon.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The Magnolia Inn was so very clean with a large room and a modern walk-in shower. The staff was extremely helpful. There is an elevator to the second story along with luggage dollies. We were just about 10-15 minutes by car to the historical area of Savannah on a direct route from the motel. Would definitely stay here again and will recommend this Inn to everyone traveling to Savannah.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

It is so good to hear that your were pleased with the accommodations at the Magnolia Inn & Suites. Your recommendation is the most valuable advertising we can achieve.
Thank you so much for your business, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

After checking out the Days Inn in Walterboro, which was disgusting and expensive $57 for a smelly old room we traveled to Georgia exit 102. For $10 more we got a beautiful room, very modern, clean and quiet. Will stay again:-)

• Stayed: July 2013

To find a peach of a place in Georgia is a good thing and we are so glad that you found the Magnolia Inn & Suites in Pooler. I am sorry you had a bad experience at "brand x" but delighted that you now know of our facility and hope you will be a return visitor.
Thank you for your review and for staying with us.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Wonderful hotel, very clean, staff very helpful and friendly. Would defiantly stay again. There isn't a pool, but they share one with the hotel next door which is just a few steps. Close to Savannah without having to deal with the traffic and higher rooms.

• Stayed: July 2013

We are so pleased that you found the Magnolia Inn & Suites in Pooler and it was more than you expected. Thank you for your review and for staying with us
We hope you will make us a regular stop when you travel in the Savannah area.
Your business is important to us and is greatly appreciated.