“Very good stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Pooler
Ogden, Utah
“Very good stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I found the hotel to be in a good location, right off 95 and seemed like a safe area. The rooms were very clean and I liked the showers. I also liked the no smoking policy there. The check-in clerk was very polite when I came in. The lady at check-out was pleasant as well. I would come again and recommend to a friend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Pooler, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed there over this past weekend and I have to say this was one of the best places I've stayed and at a very good price. The rooms were nice and very clean, and all of the staff had great customer service and very professional. The complimentary breakfast was very good, the items well stocked and very clean, small but quaint. The only downside to this place is that by being off the main road a bit, there's a lot of people who will miss a great opportunity to stay at a good hotel for a very reasonable price. Great place to crash if you're traveling down i-95 and just one exit from the airport.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Clearwater, Florida, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

My family was on their way back home from Florida when their vehicle caught fire and burned. The local police brought them to The Magnolia Inn. Their we're a total of 7 in the group which were 3 adults and 3 small children. The hotel could not accommodate all in one room which was understandable due to fire code regulations. They did not have enough money for two rooms due to the fire. As they were trying to find alternate arrangements, the desk clerk told them that they had to leave the property or they would call the police. Mind you it was 9pm and they had just been through a terrible ordeal. I feel that the front desk clerk could have been more companionate given their situation or even assist them in finding another location in which they could afford. It appears that they only accept a certain class of people and if ou aren't then they will dismiss you. I hope anyone reading this will strongly consider booking at another location as their hospitality is strongly lacking. I ended up driving their to help them get home. They made their stay in GA the worst experience ever and we have traveled to many states. We will never return again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Brandy S
Georgiatraveler31, Manager at Magnolia Inn & Suites Pooler, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear Brandy S.

I want to first say I am sorry for what happned to your family and their car. I hope all was okay. Please accept my SINCERE apologies for the way the staff member spoke with your family. I am not sure why they would have told you that you would have to vacate property while you were lookig for alternate arrangements. I agree that more could have been done and I will, and have, addressed this with the staff member.

We value ALL guests and are bothered that you feel we only accept a certain class of people as we value each and every guests.

Please give us another try and contact me with any questions or comments you may have and I assure you we will do our best to resolve this. Again, please accept our apologies and I hope you will contact me with any comments.

SIncerely;

Heena Mehta

Travelers are raving about these Pooler hotels

Rochester,ny
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

The guy at the front desk was super rude to my Wife and I. We found the lobby to be cramped and filthy. He then informed us he wanted $20 more than the coupon rate cuz they were sold out of that rate. It was only 3:12 in the afternoon and they had a 3:00 check in!!! We ran from there so fast so as not to spend any time or money there.....best decision of the trip. STAY AWAY!!!!!

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Todd R
Dear Todd R:

Please accept our apologies for any misundertsandings that may have occured during your visit with us. All of the interstate coupon guides to specifically state that the coupons are based on availability and are for expected unsold rooms. On that particular day, we did have a full house and thus the coupons were not honored at that rate as clearly stated both on the coupon and in the travelers guide. Our lobby is a standard size lobby for our type of hotel. As you will see from the majority of the reviews on all channels, we take great pride in our condition and cleanliness of our entire property. We are confident that it was clean on that day as well. Please accept our apologies that we could not accept your coupon on that day. We certainly hope you will consider us again as we are confident we have an excellent product for the price paid.

Sincerely;

Henna Mehta
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights while visiting Savannah. Hotel is a bit away from the historic district (around a 15-20 minute drive), but there are a lot of restaurants around and the location seems safe.

Hotel room was nice: not overly spacious, but was clean with nice furnishings. Room also had a microwave and small fridge. Hotel does not have a pool and the breakfast area is quite small. My biggest complaint was that the complimentary breakfast ends at 9am even on weekends.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

Lovely, new property close to the interstate, but quiet. Clean and reasonably priced.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Pooler, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

Been staying in this hotel whenever I'm in town and I never had any complaints.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business