“Delicious and Casual”

Cricket's Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 30 Restaurants in Pine Mountain
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Chalet type structure in quaint wooded setting2 miles west of Pine Mountain at 14661 Ga Hwy 18
atlanta, ga
“Delicious and Casual”
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

We went here for dinner Sat night. It's a few miles down the road from the entrance to Callaway gardens so we liked the convenience since we were staying there. It was 8pm and pretty empty. The manager and waiter were super nice. I had the crawfish étouffée and grilled corn. Hubby had blackened tilapia and we both enjoyed our meals. We love that it wasn't a chain restaurant. The wine prices were amazing. Half the cost as other places for the same brand. It was quiet and casual. We enjoyed our dinner.

Opelika, AL
“New Orleans style food”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

After a nice visit to Callaway Gardens last Sunday, my wife and I stopped here for a late lunch. Since we live across the time line and are on Central time and GA is on Eastern the place was empty. That means I can't comment on service since we had our waiter to ourselves.

Since we had lived previously in South Louisiana we were well versed in the items on the menu.
We both chose catfish -- hers was fried -- mine blackened. Two sides came with the order and I chose slaw and red beans and rice. My catfish was just right. The beans had some sausage mixed in and were good. The slaw was average. My wife said her fish was good and she really liked the potatoes that she chose. We were both full and so my wife ordered bread pudding to go. Later at home she heated it in the microwave and raved about how good it was.

Other New Orleans items include gumbo, jambalaya, crawfish,oysters and shrimp.

I think the prices are a bit high but understand that if you are that far from the source the cost of delivery must be included.

Our waiter, Mary, was helpful and friendly. She was concerned that the place might be a little cool for my wife since it was set on high for the crowd they had earlier.

I will probably eat there again.

“SKIP THIS ONE”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Worst meal and service of 2014. Commented at the restaurant the same and the waitress responded that happens sometimes. This restaurant has changed hands from the original owner - it should now close permanently. Go to KFC at the gas station instead of here for better food and service.

Richmond Hill
“Great food and excellent service”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

My sisters and I had just spent all day at Callaway Gardens. It was about 6:15 and we didn't want to drive all the way back to Atlanta and fix supper. We asked one of the employees at Callaway if she could suggest a restaurant. The first suggestion was Cricket. Said she had been there and it was good. She named a few others but we decided on Cricket. We were treated like queens by all. Mary, our server, went above and beyond being a wonderful server. She answered all questions, didn't hover over us, had a great sense of humor, kept our glasses full, etc., etc! What a wonderful way to end a great day.
Gretchen McLeod

Elberton, Georgia
“Louisianna cusine in Georgia”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Just enjoyed some good New Orleans style food at Cricket's Restaurant in Pine Mountain, Georgia. We had eaten here 20 plus years ago and were excited to find it still in business. Although the owner had changed, the food is still good. I enjoyed the red beans and rice while my husband had a Cajun sampler platter. His favorite was crawfish etoufee. It is hard to find anything close to Cajun food in our part of Georgia, so this was quite a treat. The table next to us was raving about the bread pudding, but I had no room left for dessert. It's a bit off the beaten path, so you may have to get directions, but it is well worth a try.