“Dinner at Cricket's”

Cricket's Restaurant
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Chalet type structure in quaint wooded setting2 miles west of Pine Mountain at 14661 Ga Hwy 18
Griffin, Georgia, United States
“Dinner at Cricket's”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The restaurant is located at the chalets and the cat fish were great but you do have other choices of food to choose from the menu.

Visited October 2013

Columbia, South Carolina
“Cajun food in the Georgia Mountains.”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We visited on a Saturday night. I had the crawfish ettouffe. It was good with lots of crawfish chunks. My wife had the fried shrimp and they were lightly breaded and very good. My son had the grilled shrimp and they were also very good. For sides we had red beans and rice which were just OK, not a lot of taste. The other side was the jambalya, it was OK at best. It was dry and without the taste that we were looking for in jambalya.

• Visited September 2013
Cumming, GA
“Surprised!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

When we drove up to Crickets, I did not know what to expect. When we went in, the ambiance was that of a very casual restaurant. However, the food was great! They really know how to do Cajun cuisine! The Gumbo was delicious and was the red beans and rice! All in all, this was a pleasant surprise and clean!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank debbi6
Grayson, Georgia
“Not sure what we expected”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We read all the reviews and then decided to try for ourselves. This was our first and our last visit to this restaurant. I ordered the grilled shrimp with corn and green beans. When the shrimp arrived I saw immediately that it was not deveined. I simply could not eat the shrimp that had not been cleaned. Kandi our waitress offered to get me fried shrimp she said they do devein those. I explained that I could not eat fried foods so instead she brought me grilled chicken. It was just average nothing special. The corn was cajun seasoned and not done. Kandi explained to us that stewed corn was cooked a long time and seasoned. The corn was not stewed or cooked a long time. It may have been tossed in a pan with some seasoning thrown in and then plated but that was the extent of it. The green beans had some flavor but again nothing really special. My husband also had the chicken-nothing special. It was food overpriced and over hyped.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank DBWillard
Jasper
“Great Catfish”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This restaurant was off the beaten path and didn't look very fancy. It was casual and had the best catfish I have ever eaten. It was battered and fried with an almandine sauce. They had other wonderful sounding entrees as well. I recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Visited July 2013