“Too expensive”

Cricket's Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 30 Restaurants in Pine Mountain
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Chalet type structure in quaint wooded setting2 miles west of Pine Mountain at 14661 Ga Hwy 18
Albany, Ga
“Too expensive”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

The food was good but the price was too expensive. The interior needs an overhaul. That being said....the food was good and the service was good.

Visited December 2012

Auburn, Alabama
“Fantasy Lights”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

My family and I dined last night at Crickets. We ordered 4 drinks, 1 entree, and 2 kids meal. The total of the ticket with tip was $50. The waitress was very nice and seated us quickly at around 6:30 pm. The tables are covered with those old vinyl table cloths that can be wiped down. I thought that was a little old school considering their prices were elevated. We immediately ordered 2 chicken tender meals off the kids menu @ $6.50 (not including drink). I notified the waitress that our youngest child has severe autism and we needed the food quickly. He can get loud and testy when waiting. We only had to get him up and walk him outside 2 times to avoid bothering the other diners. I believe the waitress checked on the kids food at least once while we were waiting and came back with a time left on the food. This was excellent service! The chicken tenders were enjoyed by the boys. The husband got the catfish platter and he was really happy with it. He said it didn't have a fishy taste at all. We paid an extra $1 to add red beans and rice as one of his sides for me. I wasn't that hungry and I have to keep my eye on the youngest. They were delicious and obviously homemade. Overall impression: food great, service great, prices are in line for a tourist trap place but too pricey to eat there on a regular basis, and the decorating needs a little updating.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Sandy H
Mobile, Alabama
“Thanksgiving Day”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The service was good. The homemade lasagna was good but nothing special. Same for the other dishes at our table. They offered a turkey day menu but we ordered from the regular menu. The salad was about average. They specialize in a few cajun dishes too. They offer a varied menu from fried mushroom appetizer to steak to fried fish to crawfish étouffée.

Visited November 2012
Wetumpka, Alabama
“Fair place to eat”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Visited Crickets with a group of friends earlier this week. Found it to be just average food wise and very expensive price wise. Staff was friendly enough , but not my cup,of tea..

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank southerntravler36092
Madison, Alabama
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Had the grilled shrimp blackened and it was great. Must try the fried potatoes, they were recommended as a house favorite and after ordering I understand why. During my stay in the area they were only open in the evening, no lunch served.

Visited October 2012