“Wonderful!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pine Mountain
Pine Mountain Club Chalets
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We always stay at the chalet every year and it has always been a great experience for us! The staff was wonderful, thanks to Donna who was very helpful in providing us everything we need. Cant wait to come back again next year! :) -Maria

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Awesome wedding venue! The staff was amazing and very helpful to all of my guest that were staying on site for the weekend. This would also be the perfect get away for a long weekend. There is plenty of activities to do on site and even more around town.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Our group has stayed at the Pine Mountain Club Chalets Resort for the past 5 years. We attend a cycling fundraising event every September. We love staying at the Chalets they are always very clean, roomy and very convenient to the gardens. The office staff, especially Julie and Donna are so wonderful to talk with. They always make sure we have everything we need.

-Erin

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Awesome time. We were a party (all family) of 14, and a dog, we rented 2 Chalets #74 & #75, for 3 nights. We were there for my niece's 30th birthday. From making reservations, checking in and checking out, Julie and Debbie were wonderful. Both houses were nice and clean. The resort was wonderful and very peaceful. We did use the recreation building Friday night, Julie let us check paddles for ping pong, the pool table equipment and paddles for the boats at the same time, and we had a really good time. The guys loved the fishing to. We all enjoyed sitting and relaxing on the porch. Thank you Julie and Debbie for helping my family have a pleasant vacation. The Taylor Family.

1  Thank Jeanne T
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Pine Mountain Chalets were a little hard to find, but after arriving, everything was great. The wedding was wonderful but it was hot being outside in the sun. You should have a canopy for guests to sit under since the hot sun was beating down Then coming inside for the reception, it was so cold we had to go back outside to get warm.
When I first called to make a reservation, I spoke with Debbie. She was very helpful and told me if I had any questions before we made the trip to just call or email. Well I certainly did this because I had a lot of questions and she answered all my questions and was very pleasant each time. Later I got to speak with Julie and she was very pleasant as well. I hope both of these ladies are rewarded for a job well done.
Dot C.

Room Tip: Chalets with 3 baths are great when you have 5 or more people.
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Our family reunion rented the big lodge (cabin 62) and the one next to it cabin 60 (the numbers may be on wrong cabins but know I have numbers right). The big lodge was spacious open room which was great for meal time and sitting around visiting with our family.
The view was great of the lake and we were able to take a fabulous picture of our family down on the gazebo and bridge in front of the house. We had to do quickly because the wasps or hornets were bad at the gazebo.
The game room downstairs was great. The number of bathrooms was pretty good.
The bedrooms were ok- fine size wise, some a little out of date and the mattresses- well, most were lacking in comfort. Some were hard as a rock and left for an achy body the next am. The bunk beds mattresses were falling apart and had been taped together. The sheets/towels all were grimy and stained looking.
The nice thing was to return towels/sheets to the office and they will give you some others. The office will provide you with more toilet paper as needed- so that was nice.
Suggestion besides better mattresses, towels and sheets, would be that when someone checks in to alert them there is a wedding at what ever time it is and tell them that voices carry across the lake and ask if you could be a little quiet during that window- but feel free to watch. Tell them roughly what time it should approximately end so they can resume activities. Several of us adults were sitting on the far right side of the main lodge talking seeing there was a wedding going on but didn't think our voices would carry(plus we were on opposite side of house than the wedding). Our older children were in the gazebo watching the wedding but not talking any more than a whisper b/c they were closer and didn't want to make any noise.
I look up from the where I was sitting on the porch and saw a man going to the gazebo to get onto the kids. I went and talked to him and was less than pleased with him. He was coming to tell us to not be noisy and keep us from the lake and that we were being disrespectful of the wedding. Oh we were not. Weddings are lovely to watch and to see across the lake was so lovely.
I went round and round with the man about he can't just show up and tell us to be quiet when we had not been told that there were be a wedding and needed to be quiet for a few minutes. Being quiet is not a problem. Not being told and then being punished for it is another! The owner was getting onto the kids when it was probably the adults having quiet conversations on the porch but the opposite side of the house from the wedding. My recommendation next time is to give a note to the people checking in on the lake- actually all properties and tell them there will be a wedding at 5 and that noise carries across the lake. If the guests can be quiet during that time would be appreciated. Maybe an hour before, make rounds reminding guests. What if we had all set tables up to eat outside or play family games outside at that time? We had no idea.
Not sure our group will be coming back. Some improvements need to be made to the place.
My run in with the owner was stressful and unnecessary. I didn't know he was the owner until he finally told me- I just thought he was with maintenance. He had no shirt identifying himself as someone who worked there. After we started talking, he said he was the owner. Could have been prevented by simply telling guests ahead of time or even going around 30 minutes to an hour ahead telling guests and leaving notes on door if no one is home. Still think they should be told at check in.
Anyway, the big lodge was a great spot for us all to gather and hope they do some work before guests arrive and do some much needed long term things to entice guests. Great spot, great layout,etc. Think with a little work it could be a fabulous destination. Think the main lodge floor had been just dusted- not actually mopped b/c it was filthy floor. Provide dustpan, vacuum,etc.
The lady at office was nice and helpful- was a little too nice but she was always helpful and smiling. Always greeted you when you came in the door even if with another customer. She was great. Sorry didn't catch her name.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We rented 2 cabins here for 2 days in May. 1st was the family lodge and a nearby 3 bedroom cabin. The place looks great from outside, until you check in. The towels provided are nasty dirty. I could not tell whether the're white and stained, or a light brown. I personally do not understand why anyone wants to use non-white towels, meaning they are never bleached, in 2013! Both cabins were dusty (windows and doors and other surfaces), and the bathrooms all need some serious detailing. Wi-fi was ok while sitting at the porch or near a window, but generally spotty. The kitchen in the family lodge was well equipped, but the smaller cabin had the bare minimum. There was this guy driving a truck around the cabins claiming to be the president of the property. He was very rude and ignorant while addressing me and my guests. He even threatened to bring the Sheriff to evict me because he thought that we had more people than the cabin can "hold". When I told him to go ahead and bring the SHeriff, he retreated. Overall, I was disappointed with my stay here and will spend my money elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Stay away from these cabins.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Starehe
ChaletMktgDirector, Public Relations Manager at Pine Mountain Club Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you for leaving us review. I want to apologize for the dust. Our towels are beige but do get bleached with every wash. As for the equipment in the chalets: The family lodge is owned by management and I am so glad you had everything you needed. The other chalets are privately owned and are stocked with what the owners can provide.
To address the man in the truck, that was the owner/manager of the property. After many noise complaints from our other guests he was forced to make an appearance at the lodge. You are only allowed 20 people in the lodge not what it will "hold". This means an after party from a near by wedding and a dj are not allowed at 12:30 at night.
I'm sorry you were disappointed with your stay here.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pine Mountain
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus
Callaway Resort & Gardens
Callaway Resort & Gardens
#2 of 5 in Pine Mountain

Been to Pine Mountain Club Chalets? Share your experiences!