“group visit”

Gardens Restaurant at Callaway Gardens
Reserve with OpenTable
Gardens Restaurant at Callaway Gardens is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 30 Restaurants in Pine Mountain
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Gardens Restaurant Dinner: Friday-Saturday, 5:30 p.M.-9 P.M. Gardens admission not required. Callaway Gardens' fine-dining venue is distinguished by an elegant atmosphere and creative dishes incorporating locally and regionally grown food products. Unique appetizers, healthy salads, and steak, seafood and pasta entrees adorn a menu that changes with the seasons to take advantage of the most current flavors. Located in Callaway Gardens' original golf clubhouse, the Gardens Restaurant overlooks serene Mountain Creek Lake and the picturesque 10th hole of the Lake View Golf Course.
Valley, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“group visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

We always enjoy going there. The view is splendid. The food is tasty and there is a good variety to choose from no matter if you are there breakfast, lunch or dinner. Service is good and servers pleasant.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank docotto
CallawayGardens1, Public Relations Manager at Gardens Restaurant at Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Excellent! We appreciate your post regarding the Gardens Restaurant and the other dining establishments as well. Thank you for the post and we look forward to having you return in the future.

Lasagnejoe
“Some good, some overambitious”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

My wife and I had dinner there last night. On the positive...we had a window seat with a nice view and the waitstaff was very attentive without being intrusive.
Appetizers: My wife ordered the shrimp cake which she pronounced so good she could lick her plate. My Fried green tomatoes were rather tasteless and hard. I think the Brie cheese may have contributed to having too much fat content as the mouth feel was definitely too greasy.
Entree: Again my wife made the better choice. She opted for the bacon wrapped scallops and shared a bite me. They were succulent. On the other hand, my crab stuffed trout had too much going on. The trout itself was fried in a cornmeal coating. I found the the fish was dry and actually a lot tougher than you would expect trout to be. The crab stuffing had too much breading for my taste and overall it detracted from the fish. I would have expected the opposite.
Dessert: Wife's chocolate cake with blood orange ice cream-great! my fig and pear bread pudding...tasted like it had a lot of nutmeg. I thought it could have been tempered by some vanilla ice cream.
Note to Self: Let my wife order for me next time!!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Lasagnejoe
Thank you for your honesty in the post. We appreciate all comments. The comments on the fish have been shared with the cooks of the restaurant. I apologize for the experience and greatly appreciate you sharing it so we can correct the issues. Guest feedback is our best method for making improvements.
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Superb food, service and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Our group of 10 thoroughly enjoyed the food, atmosphere and personal service provided by our server Sybil for two wonderful nights of dinning on the outdoor deck with grand sunsets!!!

1 Thank ForrestHBrown
CallawayGardens1, Guest Relations Manager at Gardens Restaurant at Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Excellant! We love to hear that you as a guest had a wonderful experience at the Gardens Restaurant. Thank you for your post. We hope you will be able to return soon.
“Good Bar/Not So Good Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Party of 9 with virtually noone else there. Bar service was good but white wine was warm. Burgers were OK, Ruben was pretty bad and pizza was fair. Overall not worth the price

1 Thank Bill B
Thank you for your post. I apologize for the experience. The issues have been shared with the Director of Restaurants so that he can review this with the staff at the Vinyard Green. Guest feedback is our best method for making improvements.
Tallahassee, Florida
“Delicious, elegant, and timeless”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful food and atmosphere! I had the cornbread and sausage stuffed shrimp and it was delicious. We will be back for sure!!

2 Thank A G
Excellant! We love to hear that as a guest you had a wonderful expereince while dining at the Gardens Restaurant. Thank you for the great post, and we hope to see you again soon.