“Worst meal I've ever eaten.”

Vineyard Green Restaurant and Spirits
Ranked #18 of 30 Restaurants in Pine Mountain
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Restaurant inside the Callaway Garden's Mountain Creek Inn
Fort Benning
“Worst meal I've ever eaten.”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

As nice as callaway gardens is, after eating at this restaurant, I would warn whomever I know to steer clear of this restaurant. Not only did we receive poor service, but the food was pitiful and just plain sickening, literally. My husband threw up shortly after leaving. When we got our meal, we noticed it was cold, but we were so hungry that we looked past it. After a few bites, we both tried each others dishes and realized how horrible it was. We eat out all of the time, so we expect quality food. This was not even close. Our server did not check on us at all throughout the meal. When she finally came back, we expressed our discontent and she took a measly 15% off of our bill. We ended up paying $57 for two entre's, and then after leaving we noticed that our card had been charged the incorrect amount. When we called to question this, we spoke to a manager who was nothing short of unprofessional. In the words of my husband "this was the worst meal I have ever eaten, even worse than an MRE." In army lingo, that's a meal ready to eat. Yes folks, you're better off eating freeze dried meat.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Kharve86

Ringgold, Georgia
“overpriced and poor quality”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

My husband ordered a chicken salad sandwich which came with a hamburger bun and chicken salad that barely covered the bun. I had the pecan crusted chicken and the chicken was very thin and tough. The pecan tart tasted like a Little Debbie Cake that had been put in the microwave. Save your money and eat somewhere else. Try the cafe downtown.

• Visited April 2014
Georgia
“Food was good, service was poor”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We went here the first night just to grab a bite in a convenient location. My husband and I ordered the burger, which was pretty good. While the food was good, the service was bad. The waitress we had was nice, but unprepared because she didn't have a pad for taking down orders, she kept coming back and asking what we chose. The glasses were too small, so she kept having to come refill our drinks (not the waitress's fault), but she was slow about it. Also, the other servers repeatedly dropped dishes, bumped into each other, and no one seemed to know what was going on (like who was getting highchairs or refills). Clearly the place is poorly mismanaged. It didn't help that we saw the manager walk up to the bar, fill up a glass of beer, and sneak into the kitchen. The overall experience was mediocre at best. I only gave this a three star because the food was surprisingly good. So, if you don't mind poor service, then this is a decent place to go.

Visited December 2013
Pekin, Illinois
“Nice dinner”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here after walking through Callaway Gardens all day. It was a nice relaxing atmosphere at the end of a busy day. Our waitress was great. Their pizza is very good and plenty for two and reasonably priced.

• Visited October 2013
Scottsville, Kentucky
“Not bad, but not great.”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Let me be honest, we were at this place when they were slammed. It looked like one or two waitresses were serving the entire room which was completely full. They anticipated a large group, so there was a pasta buffet prepared- the folks in our group were not too impressed with the pasta. I ordered the buffalo chiken pizza and it was actually very good. Our server was nice but had way too many tables to cover.

• Visited August 2013