“Food was good, service was poor”

Vineyard Green Restaurant and Spirits
Ranked #17 of 30 Restaurants in Pine Mountain
Cuisines: American
Description: Restaurant inside the Callaway Garden's Mountain Creek Inn
Description: Restaurant inside the Callaway Garden's Mountain Creek Inn
Georgia
“Food was good, service was poor”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We went here the first night just to grab a bite in a convenient location. My husband and I ordered the burger, which was pretty good. While the food was good, the service was bad. The waitress we had was nice, but unprepared because she didn't have a pad for taking down orders, she kept coming back and asking what we chose. The glasses were too small, so she kept having to come refill our drinks (not the waitress's fault), but she was slow about it. Also, the other servers repeatedly dropped dishes, bumped into each other, and no one seemed to know what was going on (like who was getting highchairs or refills). Clearly the place is poorly mismanaged. It didn't help that we saw the manager walk up to the bar, fill up a glass of beer, and sneak into the kitchen. The overall experience was mediocre at best. I only gave this a three star because the food was surprisingly good. So, if you don't mind poor service, then this is a decent place to go.

Visited December 2013

Pekin, Illinois
“Nice dinner”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here after walking through Callaway Gardens all day. It was a nice relaxing atmosphere at the end of a busy day. Our waitress was great. Their pizza is very good and plenty for two and reasonably priced.

• Visited October 2013
Scottsville, Kentucky
“Not bad, but not great.”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Let me be honest, we were at this place when they were slammed. It looked like one or two waitresses were serving the entire room which was completely full. They anticipated a large group, so there was a pasta buffet prepared- the folks in our group were not too impressed with the pasta. I ordered the buffalo chiken pizza and it was actually very good. Our server was nice but had way too many tables to cover.

• Visited August 2013
Savannah, GA
“Better than expected.”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

While the decor may be dated and the service slow the food stood out. I had a steak one night and a hamburger the next. While my wife enjoyed her food I don't remember what she had. The steak I had was cooked just as I ordered, a perfect medium. The hamburger I had was awesome and my wife agreed. I was pleasantly surprised with the good food we had compared to other reviews I read.

To get around the slow service try the carry out option and eat outside or in your room.

• Visited August 2013
“Overpriced, understaffed, hugely disappointing”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Everything about our experience was awful except for our sweet waitress, Torrie. The service was ridiculously slow, the food was jut bad, and it was over-priced. The resort needs to shut this one down.

• Visited June 2013