“An pleasant sojourn.............”
Review of Callaway Gardens

Callaway Gardens
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Pine Mountain
Reviewed March 8, 2014

As a gift we were given 2 nights to stay on our trip back from Florida, check in was pleasant and efficient, the room we were assigned seemed a long way from anything but it really was not. It was a well appointed room with everything working and had a small patio which overlooked the great lawn and the lake on the golf course. It faced west which gave us very nice sunsets for the nights we were there.
We went to the bar before dinner and had a drink or two the bartender was very good and helpful with our questions I am sorry I did not get her name but a very pleasant individual to chat with.
There are 2 options for eating we opted for the seafood buffet which was excellent even though the Inn was full for the night there were lots of choices and everything was hot really enjoyed this meal.
Would recommend this Inn as a must if in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Harry S
CallawayGardens1, Guest Relations Manager at Callaway Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

We are so pleased to hear that your entire stay with us was great! Your review has been passed along to Guest Services, Food & Beverages and the rest of the staff. Mountain Creek Inn rooms were renovated early 2013 and we just recently renovated the lobby of Mountain Creek Inn. Callaway Gardens has succeeded in updating the Inn so that it matches the beautiful Gardens that so many people come to enjoy. Thank you for visiting with us and we do hope that you will return again.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stayed in The Mountain Creek Inn at Pine Mountain, Ga. in order to visit Callaway Gardens. I left my very special "squishy" pillow that I travel with because most hotels have pillows that hurt my neck. It's very hard to find the perfect pillow, and the pillow case was part of my sheet set at home. The manager, Ms. Grant, went the extra mile to track down my pillow and mailed it to me. Two thumbs up for caring!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank wanttoseetheworld253
CallawayGardens1, Guest Relations Manager at Callaway Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Awesome! We love to hear that our staff went the extra mile to help one of our guest. I have already sent her a copy of your review. We do hope that you enjoyed your stay with us her at Callaway Gardens. This time of year is great with all the azaleas coming into bloom. Again, thank you for your time. We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

We booked a cottage for our family so that we could take the Fantasy of Lights Christmas Tour. On the plus side, the two bedroom cottage had enough room for the five of us to spread out. On the down side, it appeared little attention had been paid to maintenance in a long time. Furniture was worn, bedding just looked old and worn, in one of the bathrooms a mirror frame was actually hanging loose from the wall by 8-10 inches. It didn't appear that anyone from housekeeping had inspected the place before our arrival.

Check in was a zoo.

Kitchen was very poorly equipped and lacked some of the basic utensils needed to cook basic meals. Because the place was so expensive, we brought food to cook for dinner and breakfast; without normal utensils you find in rental condos it was sort of like camping. So fine for our overnight stay, but if we'd planned to stay longer, we would have needed to locate some kitchen tools. If you are going to stay here, bring some of your own kitchen tools.

No, would not stay here again and would not recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TXLUV2TVL
CallawayGardens1, Guest Relations Manager at Callaway Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us during Fantasy In Lights. I am so sorry to hear about your experience in our Southern Pine Cottages. I can assure you that our team works tirelessly to try and provide the best experience possible to our guests but we have failed you and again I am very sorry. What I can tell you is that the ownership of the Cottages is in the midst of doing several projects to the units that include new bedding, and several new décor items including additional kitchen utensils and other items to ensure a better guest stay. As for your check-in experience, next Fantasy In Lights when we have 600+ arrivals we will be better equipped to handle that volume as we have recently renovated the Main Inn Lobby to included 3 additional check-in terminals to be able to expedite the process ensuring a much more smooth arrival experience.

Your feedback is valued and we do hope that in the future you decide to give us another opportunity.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

We were there on a church retreat in February. Was very surprised to find I had to kick the door in to gain enterance to the room. Maintainence said this probelm had existed for some time. Sleeping was great - beds wonderful. Had to get past lady bugs a time or two. There was no het in the bathroom which made for cold getting out of the shower. Tried breakfast buffet to save time in the morning. Was overpriced and not that good. Went to a little country inn on Sunday and breakfast was great there. Save your self some aggravation and stay elsewhere

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Venturousmorroalert
CallawayGardens1, Guest Relations Manager at Callaway Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback regarding your trip to Callaway and your night in our Mountain Creek Inn. I am so sorry that your entry into your room was so hard. We also just finished renovating our lobby to match the style and update of our guest rooms. Your review of the Plant Room and Country Kitchen will be passed along to our Food and Beverage Manager.

Again thank you for your feedback and we do hope you will come back and give us another shot in the future.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I stayed at this inn for a convention. When I pulled up I was surprised to see that this inn was a motel style complex with doors that open to the exterior. It wasn't really a problem I just wasn't expecting it. The room has been updated (probably a couple of times) as the complex seems old and kind of rustic. That may be intentional as it was in the hills of GA away from the urban areas. The furniture in the room was very basic although everything that was needed was there. Bed, desk, drawers, chairs. Nothing special. The bed was ok with plenty of pillows. The room seemed clean. There was plenty of water pressure although it took some time to get hot water. I was at the end of the building and it was freezing out. Also, the shower head was low - about chin level for me.

I am not sure I would have rated this as high if I had been traveling for leisure rather than business.

The convention center that was on the property was very nice and well set up. The staff there really took care of our group.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
CallawayGardens1, Guest Relations Manager at Callaway Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your business trip that brought you here to the beautiful Callaway Gardens. The rooms were just renovated in early 2013. The In Lobby is currently undergoing renovation to update it as well. The convention area whether it be the ballrooms or the meeting rooms in the Conference Center are well kept and prepared for any type meeting. We do hope that you will return and visit the Gardens and enjoy nature at it's best. Your time spent with us is greatly appreciated and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Hello,
We very unhappy with our stay at Fantasy in Lights. Our first room we went into we had to relocate because there was an inch of water on the bathroom floor due to the toilet was overflowing. The next room they moved us to was bigger but still there was many issues that should not of existed. There was hair in the tub, used q-tips next to the toilet, both shower curtains fell down in the middle of taking a shower. The bed comforter looked soiled. The buffet breakfast was okay and while we were there all of the employees were friendly. But issues with the room made the stay feel like we paid way too much money to have the issues with the room that we did. Also when I told the front desk about the issues at checkout I was told they would refund some of the cost which has never shown up on my bank account.
With all being said I would never plan on coming again and advise others their money could be spent else where.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travis m
CallawayGardens1, Guest Relations Manager at Callaway Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thank you for your review. I personally emailed you back in response to communication and hope that we were able to clear up your challenges. We sincerely apologize for the challenges you encountered but you can rest assured those challenges are not normal and have been addressed immediately. We strive to provide our guests the best possible experience but will continue to work harder in this never-ending pursuit. We do hope that you come back and visit us and advise guests to come back and visit us again!

Best Regards,

Reviewed December 28, 2013

It was a spur of the moment trip. We only live about 2 hours from the place. I had never stayed, and thought it would be fun. So we headed down. As soon as I walked into the hotel, I got a strong smell of old. When I was checking in, I asked the clerk if they had anything newer to stay in, and she said that the cabins were newer. So I paid the additional happily. We then went to the cabin to check in. It was slightly less smelly, but still smelly and cold. I get that they aren't used constantly, but they have to find a way to air them out. I seriously considered just turning around and driving back home. The next morning we went to the miniature golf thing and it was pathetic...granted it was free, but definitely not maintained. I will say that the restaurant nearby ( I can't remember the name, but not the one connected to the hotel) was really good, and the service was excellent). If you want to stay somewhere nice, don't bother coming here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank rjohn78
CallawayGardens1, Guest Relations Manager at Callaway Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback regarding your trip to Callaway and your night in our Southern Pine Cottages. I am so sorry that your arrival experience in the lobby and the cottage was a let down and that you felt they smelled. I wish that you would have stayed in one of our news fully renovated hotel rooms as I am sure those would have met your expectations. We also are slated to renovate our lobby this upcoming spring to match the style and update of our guest rooms, so please stay tuned.

Kind Regards,

#4 of 5 in Pine Mountain
Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens
Wingate by Wyndham LaGrange
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus

Been to Callaway Gardens? Share your experiences!