The Mountain Creek Inn is an average property whose main benefit is proximity to Callaway Gardens (a great place to visit, btw). Our room was large enough although dark. The beds are very comfortable and the TV and wi-fi service are good. The bathroom is claustrophobic although the exterior sink area does have good storage and room. Unfortunately this area is only separated by a louvered door which lets the light and noise into the main area, thereby disturbing other occupants who might be sleeping. Overall, not a bad room although I'd hate to see what it looked like pre-renovation.
The main issue we had during our short stay was housekeeping - or the lack of it. For the first time in many hotels stays on trips, our room was flat-out not visited. We were gone for a good 5-6 hours from mid-morning to afternoon (visiting the Gardens) and they just skipped our room. Our complaints were first addressed by being blamed for leaving up a "do not disturb" sign (which was false) and later with a "freshening" - clean towels and some coffee. Pretty lame for $140 bucks a night.
We also had some issues with one of the restaurants where unwanted meat (bacon) was cooked into side dishes and apparently could not be removed (indicating the source and ingredients are clearly not fresh). However this was addressed in a reasonable manner unlike the housekeeping.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay because of the proximity to Callaway Gardens and a wonderful night of dining at the Horse and Carriage Restaurant located about 10 minutes away. Our package did include admission to the Gardens and a decent brunch each morning in the Plant Room, so the episode with housekeeping was tolerable in context.
Think of the Mountain Creek Inn has a Motel 6 like motel located next door to a lovely destination and you won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Callaway Resort & Gardens is a special place to make memories whether with friends, family or business associates. The Gardens offers unique experiences with floral displays, zip line/obstacle courses, bicycle and walking trails. Traditional resort amenities include golf courses that have hosted 12 PGA Tour events. Banquet and meeting facilities provide for most any size meeting or conference. Featuring more 2,500 acres for self-guided experience, the variety of facilities, including accommodations, dining, make for quality time and quality experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Callaway Resort & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Callaway Gardens Georgia
- Callaway Gardens Resort
- Callaway Gardens Hotel Pine Mountain
- Callaway Gardens Pine Mountain
- Callaway Resort Pine Mountain