“Cute, quaint small town cafe absolutely a must when visiting. Food is incredible and worth even the repeat trip while here!”
Review of Bon Vivant Cafe - CLOSED

Bon Vivant Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: WE ARE CLOSED FROM JANUARY 1-15, 2015 Hours: Mon,Thur - 11-9 Fri & Sat - 11-10 CLOSED ON TUESDAY & WEDNESDAY'S Looking for that sweet stop for a classic treat? Perhaps a five star dinner? Look no further! From the old time soda fountain, to the hand patted burgers, Bon ViVant is that hole-in-the-wall diner not to be overlooked. Settle right in with our famous "Old Glory" chicken salad sandwiches or indulge in our own twist on pasta with the Petti de Pollo dish. Trust the locals on the town favorite meatloaf, even add a hand spun milkshake to the mix! No matter what you decide on, everything on our menu is simply delightful, as shown by our recent "award for small town dining" by trip advisor. If that hasn't convinced you stop by perhaps a cup of freshly brewed coffee and our massive, freshly baked cinnamon rolls and pies from the bakery will help make your decision easier. Rumor has it our treats are better than any grandmothers' recipe (or at least that's what we're told). Whatever you put your fork into around here we can guarantee you won't be disappointed. So come on in and let us welcome you to the South's finest! See you soon!
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Our first trip to Pine Mountain for a stay at Callaway Gardens was also spent with not one but TWO trips to Bon Vivant Cafe! Our first trip was a bit lacking as the place was extra busy and the staff wasn't as attentive; but the food more than made up for it! It deserved a second trip as we found ourselves comparing each meal experience thereafter to the one we had at Bon Vivant earlier that weekend! The rest of our trip we talked of our anticipated return and that's just what we did! The staff greeted and immediately recognized us from several days prior. They were more than eager to serve and much less overwhelmingly busy. Just like the first trip, the food was amazing! We strongly recommend the Croque Madame as a great take on a delicious sandwich. The roast beef sandwich was also incredible. The Coca-Cola cake for dessert was a yummy choice and recommendation as well. A great little place that is absolutely on our favorites list and a place we will be sure to return to when we are back at Callaway! Thanks again!

1  Thank Jessical0607

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Great burgers! The broccoli cauliflower salad is delicious.

Service was very good by a very personable Kaissa. The gentleman behind the bar was very courteous to locals. Great teamwork in cleaning tables.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Bon Vivant is a charming Norman Rockwellesque café located on where else, but Main Street. It is surrounded by other charming cafés and shops. My sweetheart, mother and I dined at Bon Vivant on Labor Day 2012.

For lunch I had the Traditional Burger ($6.95) sans the cheese or bacon. I had requested that the burger be cooked medium well. It was served pinker than I would have preferred, but it was tolerable. I’m not sure what type of seasoning they used, but the burger had an unusual flavor that even ketchup could not disguise. I would not order the burger again, especially since I kept tasting it the remainder of the day. My sweetheart had the Old Glory ($7.95) which is homemade chicken salad, smoked bacon, white cheddar cheese, lettuce and tomato on multi grain bread. He liked the chicken salad very much, and would definitely order it again. My mom had the Croque Madame ($7.95) which is turkey on top of a French baguette with roasted garlic and melted Amish Swiss cheese, and served on a bed of greens. She also enjoyed her dish.

For dessert, I had the Coca Cola Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream, and it was delicious! My sweetheart had the German Chocolate Cake, which he thought was bland & dry. My mom had the Peach Cobbler with Vanilla Ice Cream. She thought it was bland, and that hers was much better. I would have to agree with her on that one.

Overall, we enjoyed our lunch at the Bon Vivant Cafe, and the service was very good. If we visit Pine Mountain again, we would definitely stop by, either for lunch or to just enjoy a milk shake at the counter.

2  Thank OUTCRUISIN2610
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

You know your in a nice place when you see a celebrity eating there....Kirk Cameron was in with a group of people ...even with the hype and excitement the service was still on point. :)

Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband, daughter, three grandchildren and myself had a really enjoyable meal at Bon Vivant cafe. It was Sunday night after a full day of outdoor activities and I know everyone was dragging about even going to eat, but the waitresses.were so nice and accommodating that everyone really had a good time. They fixed everything from plain cheese toast to splitting root beer floats for the children (since they were really too full but wanted one.) We had the lasagna, chicken and pasta, hamburger, and turkey noodle soup and all of it was good. The desserts were fabulous! But most of all, the atmosphere and the time the servers took up with the children made it a fun experience! I would definitely go back!

2  Thank katnicHoover_Alabama