“Kirk Cameron ways here” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bon Vivant Cafe - CLOSED

Bon Vivant Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: WE ARE CLOSED FROM JANUARY 1-15, 2015 Hours: Mon,Thur - 11-9 Fri & Sat - 11-10 CLOSED ON TUESDAY & WEDNESDAY'S Looking for that sweet stop for a classic treat? Perhaps a five star dinner? Look no further! From the old time soda fountain, to the hand patted burgers, Bon ViVant is that hole-in-the-wall diner not to be overlooked. Settle right in with our famous "Old Glory" chicken salad sandwiches or indulge in our own twist on pasta with the Petti de Pollo dish. Trust the locals on the town favorite meatloaf, even add a hand spun milkshake to the mix! No matter what you decide on, everything on our menu is simply delightful, as shown by our recent "award for small town dining" by trip advisor. If that hasn't convinced you stop by perhaps a cup of freshly brewed coffee and our massive, freshly baked cinnamon rolls and pies from the bakery will help make your decision easier. Rumor has it our treats are better than any grandmothers' recipe (or at least that's what we're told). Whatever you put your fork into around here we can guarantee you won't be disappointed. So come on in and let us welcome you to the South's finest! See you soon!
“Kirk Cameron ways here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

You know your in a nice place when you see a celebrity eating there....Kirk Cameron was in with a group of people ...even with the hype and excitement the service was still on point. :)

Hoover, Alabama
“Fun and enjoyable meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband, daughter, three grandchildren and myself had a really enjoyable meal at Bon Vivant cafe. It was Sunday night after a full day of outdoor activities and I know everyone was dragging about even going to eat, but the waitresses.were so nice and accommodating that everyone really had a good time. They fixed everything from plain cheese toast to splitting root beer floats for the children (since they were really too full but wanted one.) We had the lasagna, chicken and pasta, hamburger, and turkey noodle soup and all of it was good. The desserts were fabulous! But most of all, the atmosphere and the time the servers took up with the children made it a fun experience! I would definitely go back!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank katnicHoover_Alabama
LaGrange, Georgia
“Bon Vivant Cafe Pine Mountain GA...Loved this quaint little cafe.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

We visited this little cafe in Pine Mountain GA after a late afternoon drive through Roosevelt State Park. The old fashioned bar and soda fountain is like a step back in time. I had the southwestern meatloaf and my husband had roast beef. We both had the sour cream mashed potatoes, great comfort food for a winter afternoon. I had a cup of tomato bisque soup--delicious! We loved the home made cupcakes and home made vanilla almond ice cream. The cafe was moderately busy, staff was friendly, and service was great.

Visited January 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Not really sure what went wrong with our visit. I had high expectations based on other reviewers. We ordered the stuffed mushroom appetizer. Do not order this. I repeat: DO NOT ORDER THIS! We received six button mushrooms barely stuffed with mediocre sausage and cheese. What a rip off. My sandwich, the Madame was ok. It had two pieces of thin turkey meat on a yummy piece of bread. The broccoli slaw was to die for. I could have eaten only that and have been happy. The hubby didn't care for his sandwich (roast beef, I think) but his potato salad was good. The kids had hotdogs. It was all ok. The broccoli slaw was the best out of the meal. If I could do it over again, I'd go to the Bakery and Cafe at Rosé Cottage. The place was bustling all afternoon and the bread in the window was mouthwatering.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lake City, Florida
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Initially we were the only couple in the restaurant (6:30 pm). Business picked up a bit around 7:00 or so. The greeter (owner's daughter as I understand it - 10 years old) greeted us by asking what she could help us with. Uh.....we came to eat. She was also our server and unfortunately the food wasn't good - certainly not for the price. Rolls cold, butter even colder. Food simply not tasty as I had expected. I'm afraid I would not recommend it. Perhaps we hit it on a bad night. I would not return.

Visited December 2012