The Lodge and Spa at Callaway Resort & Gardens
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Garden Inn & Suites(Pine Mountain)
$70
Valley Inn & RV Park(Pine Mountain)(Great Value!)
$80
$115
$112
White Columns Motel(Pine Mountain)(Great Value!)
$70
$80
Rodeway Inn(LaGrange)
$54
$88
All reviewsironwood loungewalk in showerbreakfast buffetseparate showerfourth floorsoaking tubbody washhotel restaurantbeautiful propertyget awayomeletsteam roomsmall balconyshrimp and gritsgreat weekendfantasy in lightsup to date
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Me and my wife stayed here and went to Callaway Gardens for a little pre-Christmas getaway before we were with family through the holidays and it was a great stay.

Service - Staff was friendly, especially in the lounge.
Value - We had a room package that included Callaway fantasy in lights tickets, Callaway grounds pass, and all you can eat breakfast, so it was a great value for us, in general the rooms are fairly priced. There are cheaper in the area, but you get what you pay for.
Sleep Quality - Some moron let there child run up and down the hall after midnight screaming for a while, so that detracted from it some, but doubt it was typical and more the parents fault than the hotels. King bed was soft and roomy.
Cleanliness - Not often do I not notice somewhere in the room/hall/lobby that needs to by cleaned or remodeled, but this place is in great shape.
Rooms - Plenty of space, plenty of light, bathroom had plenty of space and good mirrors. Only wish the shower had a little more water pressure.
Spa - didn't visit.
Breakfast - What a highlight! The cook to order items looked good, but as I stated we got the AYCE, and it truly was and then some. Had any and every type of breakfast food you could think of on it.

If we go back to the area, would definitely want to stay here again. Like I said not the cheapest in the area, but the nicest and worth it. Didn't get to try the dinner here, but we did go to the grill/lounge for some late night food and drinks and it was excellent. Also has a nice heated pool. The grounds were beautiful, even in winter, and I'm sure they look great in spring with everything in bloom.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 4th floor, nice view and a little balcony to enjoy it from.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. Given that this hotel is an autograph collection hotel I had quite high expectation from them, especially with regards to their service. Unfortunately they totally did not meet my expectations. When we arrived at 4pm we were told they were behind the schedule and could not check us in for another couple of hours. Granted that they provided a bag of snack for the kids and two complementary drinks to us but still this was a major inconvenience. Upon check-in I noted that another guest used her Travelzoo vouchers for her stay. This really made mad because the day I received the same offering from Travelzoo I called the hotel and inquired if I could use the voucher for my stay and I was told that I could not. So I felt quite cheated since the rate I had paid was far more than the one offered by Travelzoo and it did not include breakfast! Our room was OK, however there were several issues with it (water did not drain in the shower area, did not have enough towels and the coffee maker did not work). I gave the list to the front desk and the first two items were taken care of but they did not do anything about the coffee maker until the 3rd day. No complementary coffee was provided in the lobby either. The flat screen TV in the room was quite small and it did not provide HD which was quite suprising for an autograph collection! Our room in the Hilton Garden Inn which cost far less than this room not only had far better TV, channels and HD but also had a fully functioning Keurig coffee maker in our room and it cost far less than this hotel. The heated swimming pool and hot tubs were open, however there was NO lighting in the pool or the area around it. Hot tubs smelled and the poolside bar area which was closed was very dirty. This is quite strange for a nice resort. Unfortunately there is no competition in the area and that is why I guess they do NOT care to provide a good service at a reasonable cost. On the positive side, the food at the bar area was excellent. We had the best chicken wings ever and the prices were reasonable.

1  Thank Fariba20
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband, two young daughters, and I spent one night here just before Christmas, and we enjoyed every aspect of the hotel. Our room was not ready a moment before 4, which was somewhat problematic since we were having story time with Mrs. Claus at the gardens at 3 and would have liked to change clothes in our room, but that isn't really the fault of the hotel, though an early check-in would have been appreciated. Either way, we changed in the restroom and made due.

The room was beautiful and extra spacious, as it seemed we had been assigned a handicap-accessible room. The only issue in the room was the shower...the shower head did not work. We only realized it very late at night, around 10:30, so we didn't bother calling down for a fix. We utilized the bathtub instead, though that wasn't really ideal.

The balcony gave us a beautiful view of the grounds, and it was a nice place to sit and enjoy the morning sunlight. The complimentary bottled water in the room was a nice touch, and free parking was a great benefit, as well. I'm always annoyed by hotels that charge for parking, as in my opinion, that should be included in what I pay for the room. We ate in the restaurant twice - once for lunch and then again for the breakfast buffet - and both times we really enjoyed it. (The French Dip is to die for.) Breakfast was plentiful and flavorful, and we were very pleased with all of the options.

The lobby is beautiful and the grounds really are quite well-maintained, even in December. We would love to stay again during the spring season.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We spent the night here with two grandsons. Our room was very spacious and the bathroom was really huge with a big tub and walk in shower. The lobby was beautifully decorated for Christmas and a wonderful spot for family photos. A small balcony had a small table and two chairs overlooking the woods. The breakfast buffet was excellent with made-to-order omelets and many nicely prepared selections. I would love to spend a few days here.

1  Thank Workout247p
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

This is a absolutely beautiful lodge and place. Staff provides Exceptional customer service with great knowledge of the facility and surrounding cities. The rooms are very neat, clean and decorated nicely. The room balcony is perfect with great scenery of the fountain along with a small table and two chairs to sit and enjoy your favorite beverage and surroundings. However, the meeting rooms and accessories/accents for business are gorgeous but the lights and decorations are in desperate need of dusting and cleaning. This place is not cheap and I was surprised as to the amount of dust that had accumilated in the meeting rooms. Which mean, it has been a while since they were dusted and cleaned. Other than that, the meeting rooms, view and facility was great. We also had the opportunity to see the "Fantasy in Lights" which was the holiday light show, its an hour ride through in your vehicle or the option to ride the trolley. There is a Christmas Village for shopping and plenty of food vendors. There are opportunities to walk, golf, fish, get a massage and much more. Perfect place for events and weddings. The nearby town is great with many shoppes. This is a great place to visit if looking for a getaway, business meeting or retreat.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business