“Relaxing Couples Getaway”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Pine Mountain
Indiana
“Relaxing Couples Getaway”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and I had an overnight stay here to have a little time away. It's in a beautiful secluded area. Our room was nice as well as the beautiful and spacious bathroom. Everyone was friendly and helpful during our stay. We used the spa for a couples message and I got a facial. Everything was just great. The changing area was very nice where I then used the sauna and steam room. Then I waited for our message in a very relaxing sitting room. We really enjoyed the whole experience. Went to dinner at a great little local restaurant then relaxed that evening in the hotel lounge and bar. The breakfast the next morning was also very good. Overall it was the perfect getaway for us.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
LodgeatCallaway, Director of Sales at The Lodge and Spa at Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, April 11, 2013

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience at our award winning Spa Prunifolia. The Spa Director would personally like to thank you for your comments and would like to ensure you that they will be conveyed to the entire team.

Our breakfast buffet has been recently upgraded and all of our guests have truly enjoyed the extensive selection of items.

Please consider a return visit soon. We look forward to having you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Spent one overnight at this First Class Marriott Hotel on the Callaway Gardens property with a girlfriend on our way from Atlanta. The Spa was too expensive to use, with most services over $100...the hotel staff was friendly and helpful and room clean and public areas delightful! The woodsy setting was refreshing. We were able to get a TravelZoo special for $169.99, which included (2) buffet breakfasts, (2) days admission to the Gardens and a $50 spa credit. The resorts ground were beautiful! Even though the Gardens were not in bloom in mid-March, were were grateful the resort offered a TravelZoo special so we could enjoy the resort and amenities at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Request a room with a LOW number...the only entrance (main one) requires guests to schlep baggage th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

We are happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of the TravelZoo special that we ran. Through this promotion we were able to introduce our amazing property to new guests such as yourselves.

The entire staff here at the Lodge thanks you for commenting on their service. We are very proud to announce that they have recently been recognized as one of the top perfoming teams in the Marriott Autograph Collection.

Please consider another visit in the near future as we look forward to having you back!
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

So first, a few positives. The hotel is located in Callaway Gardens with beautiful grounds and a quiet, peaceful -although somewhat remote- location. Staff was a bit informal at times but generally very kind and helpful. Bathrooms were luxurious and breakfast was delicious!

The remainder of the experience however was well below standards. The hotel was nowhere close what one would expect when staying within the Autograph collection. The property itself seemed a bit dated. The chandeliers in front of the elevator were covered in cobwebs which could be seen while walking down the hall. Inside the room there were more disappointments: The carpet was wet in places (urine?), the furniture was worn and stained, the light filtering curtains appeared to have blood on them, and the pillows wreaked of someone else's cologne. The gym had carpet as flooring – probably covered in grime, dirt, and sweat. Machines and lighting were dated.

In short, I have stayed at Fairfield Inn's that were better maintained. This place is fair, but not for the price. My advice would be to find a Hampton Inn or Courtyard in the area and commute to the gardens. You will find it much better money spent.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank newenglandbred
LodgeatCallaway, General Manager at The Lodge and Spa at Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for being our guest at the Lodge & Spa at Callaway Gardens and appreciate you taking the time to critique your stay with us on Trip Advisor. I am sorry we did not exceed your expectations. I would like to hear from you and resolve your concerns. Please contact me by phone at 706-489-3306 or email at jason.caughron@thelodgeatcallawaygardens.com. Regards, Jason Caughron - General Manager
maitland, florida
Reviewed March 15, 2013

There are many lodging choices at Callaway Gardens. There is the luxury stay at The Lodge And Spa which is the Marriot (I am a Gold Member of Marriot and always love the quality and customer service), then there are The Cottages which are houses with kitchens, there also are regular hotel rooms at the Mountain Creek Inn and then there are Villas at the tennis resort. I actually stayed on March 13th-14th and I stayed in cabin/cottage #2129 and it was AWESOME!!!!!. I awoke to the birds singing and a lovely woodpecker pecking. I was totally surrounded by the woods. I had all of the windows opened for the nights sleep in the cold air. I went here out of curiosity and had not heard much about this place. It is a pretty out of the way area (86 miles off of Exit 136 on I-75) so it was low on my to do list. I called and booked a Cabin while on the road. There are 10 miles of trails and would take 2 days because of the breathtaking scenery to stop and take it all in. They even offered a free Birds of Prey in an actual auditorium. This place was truly a NATURE PARADISE dream come true. If you have children they will love it because in season the man made beaches are the largest in the East coast with huge jump floats in the water for the kids. It looks like an obstacle course. Depending on pricing in season is when I will go back as a family but I will say that this is truly a romanic place when there are no people around like we experienced. . Right at the entrance there was Kentucky Fried Chicken and a Taco Bell for fast food access quickly. Bring YOUR own bikes if possible you will definitely want to bike a lot this place is huge it blew my mind with the enormity of it. Also the golf course is beautiful. I went for the hiking primarily and was happy they offered so much more then just that.

Room Tip: Either use the map I have loaded or get one on line. Study the map prior to your arrival to make sur...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 14, 2013

this is a beautiful setting/location. you can select from the hotel (& spa) or rent a 'cabin'...you're in the heart of the woods w/ access to wonderful gardens (butterfly garden, terrarium of sorts, golf course and just beautiful setting. take advantage of the outdoors, fountain, fireplace, etc. the hotel is sustainable so very nice w/ VERY comfortable beds and pillows. bathroom is a bit dated.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Susanne M
LodgeatCallaway, Director of Sales at The Lodge and Spa at Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, March 18, 2013

The Lodge & Spa is very fortunate to have such an amazing location with beautiful grounds surrounding us on every side. There are plenty of things to do for every member of the family and something new to experience each time you return.

We are sorry to hear that you were a bit diasappointed in the bathroom. Each guest bathroom at the Lodge & Spa consists of 4 fixtures and high end finishes, however we would always welcome suggestions on how to make any improvements.

And thank you for recognizing our resort’s U.S. Green Building Council LEED-certified conference center, the first in the world.
Dallas
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I only spent one night at the property and everything was very nice. Friendly staff, clean room, and nice public areas.

Restaurant staff was friendly at breakfast. However, please note everything closes very early. I arrived late and had not options for dining.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
LodgeatCallaway, Director of Sales at The Lodge and Spa at Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, March 7, 2013

We are very pleased to hear that you were greated by our friendly staff and enjoyed our clean rooms and inviting public areas. The Lodge does offer a very warm and comfortable atmosphere and we hope you return again very soon.

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding the hours of our food service. Your food and beverage service experience will be communicated on to leadership to ensure quality service to you and all of our guests in the future. Thank you again for your business and have a wonderful day!

Macon, Georgia
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My sister and I took our 85 year old Mom to see The Fantasy of Lights at Calloway Gardens November 2012. We had looked at several places but decided on staying at the Lodge after reading how some of the other places were in need of up-dating. My sister had already stayed at The Lodge and Spa a couple of times and highly recommended it. So glad we did! Our only problem was our original room was way too far for my Mom to walk but they came and got her with a wheel chair and moved us to a room closer to the elevator but still with a nice view of the courtyard.
After the tour of lights (which I highly recommend)... We came back to the Lodge and ate at the bar / restaurant . Everyone loved their food but mine was a favorite...the fried green tomato pimento cheese sandwich! I had to share it! I may have to go BACK to the Lodge just to have another one of those sandwiches!
I would also like to add, loved our room....the beds were comfy....and because it was Christmas, The Lodge was decorated beautifully.
Hope to return this spring when the azaleas are in bloom...and we all decided, the Christmas trip will have to become an annual event.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
LodgeatCallaway, Director of Sales at The Lodge and Spa at Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear marmee77,

It was a pleasure learning of your recent stay with us at The Lodge & Spa at Callaway Gardens, Autograph Collection. Thank you for your business and feedback. Well it sounds like you made some memories with us and that is what it is all about. I am also a HUGE fan of our Pimento Cheese Sandwich and also the Pimento Cheese Fritters which you must try when you return. We hope the Lodge helped make your holiday season special, and we look forward to seeing you in 2013.

Warm Regards,

Wingate by Wyndham LaGrange
Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Lafayette Garden Inn & Conference Center

Been to The Lodge and Spa at Callaway Gardens? Share your experiences!