“Nice place”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Pine Mountain
Atlanta
“Nice place”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Callaway Lodge and Resort for a quick getaway from Atlanta. The Lodge was nice, not spectacular. But, it was what we expected. The rooms were cozy, the bed was comfy and the pool was relaxing.

Buy your entrance into the Gardens through the Lodge - it is MUCH cheaper.

I would recommend not eating breakfast at the Lodge when it is a la carte. We did not have the chance to try, but were told by other guests, that the buffet breakfast is delicious. The a la carte breakfast was sub par.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank php913
LodgeatCallaway, Director of Sales at The Lodge and Spa at Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Dear Traveler,

We are delighted you made your way down to the Lodge and Spa to enjoy what the hotel had to offer. Thank you for your kind words about our outdoor pool and guestrooms. We always strive to offer our guests the highest quality and service in our food and beverage outlets and am sorry you were told otherwise. This will be brought to the attention of our Chef and Food and Beverage Director to ensure our guests remain happy with what we have to offer. Thank you again for taking time to communicate with us and we look forward to having you back soon!

Jeff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Forsyth, Georgia
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We just returned from a family vacation to Callaway Gardens over Labor Day weekend. We really enjoyed our stay in a suite at the Lodge & Spa. All of the people that we encountered during our visit were extremely courteous and helpful. The Lodge is well managed and maintained. We look forward to another family vacation there next year.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
LodgeatCallaway, Director of Sales at The Lodge and Spa at Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Dear Traveler,

We are very pleased you enjoyed and utilized our services and facilities during your Labor Day trip. We appreciate your business and feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact us for your return trip. Also, you can follow us on Facebook for updated happenings at the Lodge and Spa! Have a great day!

Regards,

Dallas, Georgia
Reviewed September 8, 2011

My son 12, daughter 10 and myself, stayed at the Lodge and Spa at Callaway for the first time over the Labor Day weekend to enjoy the Hot Air Balloon Festival at Callaway. Our stay was perfection! There were so many activities at Callaway to keep us busy, the hard part was pulling myself out of the bed. My kingsize bed in "The Georgia Suite" was the kind that is so comfy you just don't want to leave it. But, activities awaited. We enjoyed some beach time, car show, dog frisbee competition, rented bicycles (what a wonderful time I had with my kids on the trails. We were exhausted at the end of the day in the most wonderful, happy fresh-air kinda of way). We loved the butterfly museum, the discovery center and the lookout at the country store, where we got some fabulous photos. The entire property was beautiful, well maintained, lots of attention to detail and felt very safe for me and my children traveling alone. We spent lots of time at the beautiful pool and to my surprise they had an outdoor cabana/beach bar and the service there was impeccable. The staff brought us burgers, and homemade chips (yummo) we ordered these 3 times while there and delicious pina coladas - poolside, my favorite. They had fresh towels for us each time we came down and the families and people we made friends with there, were all a lot of fun....My personal favorite experience (next to true quality time with my kids) was the spa. I got the "Journey".... words cannot describe how much an overworked, overstressed mom of two needed, enjoyed and loved the spa. I was greeted by a gentele lady with a warm smile who took care of my every need. She was like the spa mom. She made sure I had a cozy robe, slippers, glas of water and parked me in a comfy chair by the fireplace while I waited for my treatment. In just a few moments I was whisked away into a peaceful, calming room and given the head to toe royal treatment. Including a body scrub, soaking tub with fresh ice cold wash cloth to cool my face while surrounded in candle light and blissful sounds. The tub was so deep and lush I was up to my chin in the warm, soothing herbs and oils. Afterward, I received a blissfull full body massage, then spent some time in the steam room to let all the oils do there magic!!! Oh I want to do it again. Upon arrival at the lodge, the bellman scooped up our luggage and placed it in our room. Upon departure a sweet gentleman even helped me deflate an intertube (used at the beach) so I could see out my rearview on the way home. Each time we left the property for dinner or exploring, the desk staff would greet me by name. My kids thought that was the coolest....acutally I did too. Made us feel so special. Breakfast at the lodge was a extrvaganza of fresh omelets, fruits, meats cheeses, danishes, waffles and yogurt parfaits with granola...my favorite. I have traveled a good bit and stayed in a lot of hotels/lodges/etc, but this lodge was the best! I would love to go back for a romantic weekend, a girlfriends weekend or for business. Heck, I'll go for any reason at all....Can't wait to get back there again! :)

3 Thank Bankerbabe2011
LodgeatCallaway, Director of Sales at The Lodge and Spa at Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, September 9, 2011
Dear Traveler,

First and foremost, thank you for your business and we are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Secondly....WOW! What a nice review! You truly made the most out of your stay with us. We pride ourselves on a quality facility, high levels of service, and useful and plush amenities. I see you experienced the "Journey" in our award winning spa. And you are correct, words cannot describe that service. Thank you again for your business and feedback! Come back to see us soon.

Georgia
Reviewed September 8, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at the Lodge and Spa on several occasions, and it never disappoints. The suites are wonderful with large rooms, comfortable beds and luxurious bathrooms (with separate whirlpool and shower, double sinks, etc). The staff is always incredibly pleasant. Room service is quick and delicious, as is the attached restaurant, The Piedmont. The Lodge is very convenient, within walking distance to Callaway's beach area and other attractions. The lodge is great for both couples and families. Ultimately, we will return again and again. We could not love it more!

Room Tip: The suites are excellent
Dear Traveler,

It was a pleasure learning of your positive experience at the Lodge and Spa. Thank you for taking the time to offer us feedback. I am very happy you mentioned room service. Many of our guests enjoy breakfast in their room to start off their day. We look forward to your return and thank you for your continued support and business.

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We loved this hotel! We had a great time at the pool, enjoyed lunch there. Our room was very nice, average size but very clean and well cared for. The restroom was much larger than most, lots of tile- loved the shampoo, conditioner, and body wash provided by the spa in the big pump bottles. That is so much better than a new small bottle each day. We loved the close access to Callaway gardens. Make sure you get your Callaway passes at the Hotel front desk. It was a huge savings for the holiday weekend. Also- there is a path next to the pool- that leads to the beach and all the activities. No need to drive.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
LodgeatCallaway, Director of Sales at The Lodge and Spa at Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
Dear Traveler,

Your review of our beautiful resort is so kind. Thank you for taking the time to write the review as well as bring your business to us. We are so proud of our bathrooms as well as the spa products which help conserve plastic waste in the rooms. Our green initiative and LEED Certification can really be seen throughout the property. It sounds like you really made the best of your time with us and we look forward to you coming back soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We had a great time. Our room was clean, the staff was nice, and the atmosphere was warm and understated. I loved the Craftsman style. The bathroom was nicely appointed-it had the touches that made it nicer than the average hotel bathrooms.We ate at the restaurants for two dinners and one breakfast. The breakfast buffet was delicious-they had everything you can imagine! We don't usually spend this much for a hotel room, but we deserved it for our anniversary!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
LodgeatCallaway, Director of Sales at The Lodge and Spa at Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Dear Traveler,

We are delighted you had a wonderful experience with us for your anniversary! Happy Anniversary! Thank you for choosing us for such a special occasion. Many of our guests enjoy the four fixture bathrooms. At the Lodge we pride ourselves on high quality cuisine and are very happy you dined with us as well. We look forward to serving you again in the future and thank you again for your business.

Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We decided to visit "The Little White House" in Warm Springs, GA. We noticed that Callaway Gardens was just up the road, so we ventured over hoping to drive through. We found that a hot air balloon festival was in full swing! What a beautiful sight. After driving through the grounds (fabulous... we would have stopped more, but my wife was nursing a post-surgical foot), we stopped in the Lodge and Spa at Callaway Gardens.

This hotel evidently has been through a transition recently. It is now part of the Autograph series at Marriott, which seems to mean that they are in a partnership for booking. At the bar I looked online (on the free wi-fi!) to see how much a room would cost. The best I could get via Marriott.com was a pricey $249 (this was at 6:30 pm). A little quick negotiation, and we were in for WAY less, and we found it a good value.

While we're on the bar, the service was terrific, and they had a wonderful selection of top-shelf bourbons to select from. Prices were about what one would expect in this setting. We learned that this night was their very first night for a Friday night seafood buffet. Priced at $27 per adult, it had better be good, and it was. There was a terrific variety of seafood items, and a desert table that was overboard good. Our only disappointment was the treatment of the snow crab legs. Heat is everything to enjoying snow crab, and the provided steam table storage was not adequate to allow for your portion to make it to your table still piping hot for cracking. We talked about it, and would love to see the crab moved to a steamer at the stir fry table, and allow the young man to dole them out super hot. Also, warm butter can mitigate some of the cooling of the crab legs. The restaurant had very attentive management moving about the room. Let them serve the butter hot from a carafe while checking in with customers, ala coffee.

If your thinking "if that's all there is to complain about, it must be nice" you would be correct. We loved our meal, and the VERY attentive staff. We saw an unclean plate in the stacks, set it aside, and it was immediately picked up, inspected, and marched to the kitchen. Our glasses were kept full, and we were made to feel comfortable staying for 3 trips to the buffet. Wonderful!

Our room was a standard king, which had a lovely view of the parking lot. No sarcasm intended. The heavy foliage all around the lodge, and the balconies on all rooms adds up to, I would suspect, so such thing as a bad view. The other side of the building would have a view of a fountain and pool area, but I'd bet is raucous on warm days.

Otherwise, the room was very nicely appointed, and immaculately clean. We had both a glass enclosed shower, and an extra deep tub, perfect for soaking. The lights were a bit harsh for a long soak, but the lighted makeup mirror proved perfect for a candle level glow. One oversight - such a beautiful bath, but no bubble bath? Our bed was wonderful, with clean, luxurious bedding. One (?) robe was provided. The A/C was quiet, almost silent in the bed area. It was louder in the bath.

Housekeeping knocked at 8 am "BOO!". This ain't Motel 6 on the interstate. We slowly arose and left just before checkout time. Check out was a breeze, but it did remind me of one other issue. They were working with one or 2 greeters/bell staff. The parking lot is a long narrow affair, necessary I'm sure because of the woodland environment. This makes for a long walk if you are a late arrival. There were no carts evident for customer use. The bell staff (staff being one very hard working young man) took excellent care of us, but I think you should offer valet parking and generous bell service at these rates.

Room Tip: Don't let
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank zjxtinpusher
LodgeatCallaway, Director of Sales at The Lodge and Spa at Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Dear Traveler,

It was a pleasure learning of your experience at the Lodge and Spa at Callaway Gardens and thank you for your business. We strive to offer our guests an enjoyable and memorable experience and it sounds like you had one. Thank you for partaking in our first Seafood Buffet and for your feedback. Our Chef and Food and Beverage Director will be informed about the crab legs. Also, thank you for brining your housekeeping experience to our attention. This will be addressed as well. We look forward to serving you and your family again in the future and we greatly appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

Wingate by Wyndham LaGrange
Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Lafayette Garden Inn & Conference Center

Been to The Lodge and Spa at Callaway Gardens? Share your experiences!