“the hotel was conviently located. The room was not as clean...”

Garden Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Pine Mountain

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Conyers
Reviewed November 30, 2013

The rooms were nice and clean. No issues at all! Best off, the beds were super soft and comfortable!!! The continental breakfast was good. The people working three were nice. It was an all around comfortable experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank Pamela M
Boiling Springs
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The motel is old, the room was musty until we ran the air for awhile. It was OK for sleeping. The internet was very slow, the shower not hot. Breakfast was ok but sparse. The cleaning people kept coming around at 8 am before we were ready to leave the room. The plus was the location - only 5 mins from FDR State Park.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank Robert S
Norcross
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The room didn't have a trash can and I woke up with a bug crawling on me so it wasn't the best experience. The TV in the room was from the late 80's or early 90's and a complete piece of garbage.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

4 Thank Travis T
Florida
Reviewed October 21, 2013

When we walked in the front door we got a bad impression of this motel.
The girl behind the counter did not say hello or even stand up. She just said, "Checking in" and pointed to a very long form check in form. It asked for everything including the birthday of our first born child, our doctor's name and phone number, and the number to our insurance agent. That was just the first page!
Okay. Ignore almost all of the above, but this is the first time I have been asked for my driver's license number, tag number, make, model and color of our car. Also, our full address and phone number. Didn't I put all the important information in the reservation on line? Maybe not.
If you have read this far you must be seriously thinking about staying here. As someone else said, "It is okay". If you just want a place to sleep, and don't expect too much for the breakfast this place will do. If, like me, you expect friendly, nice, happy, pleasant surroundings this is not the place for you.
We stayed two nights. The room was clean and cleaned well while we were at the breakfast area! That was a surprise. Unlike Steven R we had no problem with the shower head or A/C.
It really would help to have a friendly staff and a little more for breakfast.

Room Tip: With a new staff and better breakfast I might rate this motel "average".
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank watercop
Savannah
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was supposed to stay 2 nights. After I found a dead roach near my bed on the 1st morning I went to the front desk and told them I wouldn't be staying a 2nd night, and the reason why. They didn't apologize or seem taken aback at all- she just said "okay". I said that frankly I didn't feel I should have to pay for the 2nd night given the situation. I was told, in a rude tone, that I couldn't get my money back because it was too late for them to get someone to rent the room that night. To this I replied that if they didn't have roaches I would have been staying the 2nd night. The front desk woman finally sighed and agreed to refund 50% of the 2nd night's cost. I was pretty shocked by this attitude, as well as having found a roach in the first place. I had stayed in the same hotel 2 years ago when I was last at Pine Mountain, and I had a great experience. I don't know if the management has changed since but it has certainly gone downhill both in cleanliness and politeness! If you can spend a bit extra definitely stay at the Calloway Gardens hotel instead.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

#1 of 2 in Warm Springs
Wingate by Wyndham LaGrange
Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Columbus North

Been to Garden Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Garden Inn & Suites

Property: Garden Inn & Suites
Address: 368 S Main Ave, Pine Mountain, GA 31822-2353 (Formerly Days Inn & Suites Pine Mountain - Maingate North of Callaway Gardens)
Location: United States > Georgia > Pine Mountain
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Swimming Pool
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Pine Mountain
Hotel Class:2 star — Garden Inn & Suites 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Garden Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn And Suites Pine Mountain - Maingate North Of Callaway Gardens