“Devine”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Valley, Alabama
“Devine”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

My husband and I have visited carriage and horses for our anniversary the last three years and each year dagher the owner has made it extra special. The food is Devine. Dagher the owner took us to his wine cellar where he recommended a great Pino nor that went great with the delicious filet I ordered. The food service atmosphere is unlike no other. Let's not forget the carriage ride with the sun set beautiful view was unbelievable.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Cstanda

“Amazing.. Perfect”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

My son and I went for an evening of mother and son dinner date. It was amazing the horses, details of Victorian style home and setting was simply amazing.. We had great service and amazing food..We will be going back

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Barber14
Loganville
“Deceiving!!!”
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I decided to spend our anniversary weekend at Callaway. After much recommendation & trip advisor reviews we were excited to spend our anniversary dinner here. Where do I begin...the gravel parking lot doesn't fair well with Louboutin heals. Renovating would do no good. It needs to be knocked down & rebuilt for this, ummmm...century! The "wine list" that I read about on the website was no more than the bottom shelf options at any local fuel station. The salad that is served with dinner is simply mixed greens with a few cherry tomatoes. I did want to get the most out of my food so I ordered the filet mignon, which I was told they were "known" for. It was a great steak cook wonderfully. However the frozen carrots & peas that were served with it lacked any flavor. No way would I say that was a plate worth $30 or even half that if I knew what we were in for. On the bright side we did laugh a lot during dinner!

1 Thank SonnieKlube
Palm Coast, Florida
“Amazing meal”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I had the pleasure of dining at Carriage & Horses restaurant while on vacation in Pine mountain and I had to submit a review, it was that amazing. I am a chef and can be quite critical of the meals I get at restaurants, but I had no complaints. My filet which i asked for as rare as possible came to me very rare, very tender and warm. Every aspect of the meal was wonderful, the owner/chef sat with us and talked about his travels and experiences. I cant recommend this place enough, if you are in the neighborhood of pine mountain do yourself a favor and make a reservation at carriage and horses for a meal you will not forget.

• Visited May 2014
Anniston, Alabama
“Good food, bad service”
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Went on a night they had a "tasting buffet", which we didn't want, but they said it was fine we could order off the menu. A band was playing in the bar/main house and the music was so loud we asked to be seated elsewhere, no problem they said. Unfortunately we were sort of forgotten about. The server was friendly but it took soooo long to get our food. It was delicious and perfect which was good because she didn't come back except to deliver the check. Our drinks were bone dry until I rounded up a busboy to get some water.

On our way out the owner, who had visited all the tables, except ours, tried to get us to stay for the belly dancing, but we had been there for nearly two hours already, so no thanks.

Visited September 2013