Franklin Delano Roosevelt State Park
Garden Inn & Suites(Pine Mountain)
$60
Valley Inn & RV Park(Pine Mountain)(Great Value!)
$80
$119
$115
White Columns Motel(Pine Mountain)(Great Value!)
$70
Mountain Top Inn and Resort(Warm Springs)(Great Value!)
$89
$143
$50
$82
$76
All reviewsliberty bellgreat hikinghiked milesbeautiful state parkhiking trailswhite housewelcome centercamp storecallaway gardenshookupsknobcampgroundcampingsitescabinbackcountrylake
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We stayed a few nights at the Cottages in the State Park. Lots of fun for the kids and the staff was great. Cottage was clean and everything worked inside, lot of fun and relaxing.

Room Tip: Cottage numbers 17 or higher were newer. All very good.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Mau18Tampa_FL
Reviewed December 15, 2010

We've taken our kids down to Pine Mountain almost yearly for the Fantasy in Lights show at Callaway Gardens, with our last trip being in Dec.2008. We've always stayed in a cabin at the state park and made a weekend of it. With our earlier stays, my husband and I often commented to each other that we were impressed with how clean the cabins were, especially given their age. This year, however, was far from impressive. When we checked in, we found torn up foil all over the stove top mixed with mouse droppings. Any surface in the kitchen that you maybe had to bend over to reach was coated with grease. Something brown had very obviously been spilled down the side of the refrigerator but no attempt had been made to clean it. After walking around the 1st evening without their shoes on, the bottoms of my kids' socks were filthy. I don't know what's changed, but we will not being staying at these cabins again.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank tamasco1
Reviewed October 6, 2008

First of all I want to say that the park itself is very nice. It is very scenic and clean. That is the good part about the park.

Now for the bad. And before I say this I want to let everyone know that we have been and stayed at many, many state parks in the southeast. We rented two cabins, number 2 and number 12. They were both your typical Georgia cabins by appearance both inside and out except for # 2 which was stone and was built by the ccc long ago and had a few more out of date items.

Cabin #2 - had a sticky mouse trap behind the toilet. That is a bad sign. It did not catch a mouse, but did catch a scorpion while we were there. There were droppings from ? in the bathroom, kitchen and on the widow seals. We put all food in the frig. and didn't even use the trash can in the cabin for fear of attracting unwanted guests. We did encounter a mouse on our last night when he ran across the bedroom floor on his way to the kitchen. Also, the shower head in the bathroom is so low that the bottom of it met at the bridge of my nose. I am 5' 4. Needless to say we had to squat down for a shower.

Cabin #12 - had evidence of mice on kitchen counters each day and had holes where they had chewed through the wood. Previous guests had tried to seal up the holes with paper towels. Mickey and Minnie did reveal themselves on the second day. One person in our party was bitten on the hand and leg while in bed at night. We are not sure what did it. This cabin also had evidence of other unwanted pests in all of the rooms.

I would recommend camping because the park is very nice. It is a shame that they don't take care of their problems in the cabins.

I do not agree with the last review that stated that the nearest food was 20 minutes away. It was more like 5 minutes. Pine Mountain is right outside the park. There is plenty of food and a grocery store nearby. We had a big variety and never had to drive far.

The best food by far was at the Country Store, which is literally across the street from one of the park entrances. The atmosphere was great and the food was very good. We ate 2 meals there and all loved it. The view from the tables was very scenic.

5  Thank travelear