“Great pizza”

Dining options: Delivery
Conyers, Georgia
“Great pizza”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We love the pizza at Fox's Pizza Den. We have our family reunion in Pine Mountain every year and every year we make it a point to visit Fox's Pizza. Definitely a casual atmosphere and perfect for kids.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank RobinsHere

Bogart, Georgia
“Good pizza priced average, very casual”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I like Fox pizza places cause they usually put on enough tomato sauce to actually taste it, not like today's pizza that is mostly bread and cheese. Can also get sandwiches. Very casual, pretty quick service. Good for a family or quick meal in a place where there aren't a lot of eating establishments.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank texdawg89
Columbus, GA
“Good Choice”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

If staying at the resort, come out of Callaway Gardens and make a right. It is in a strip mall with a gas station, all the way at the end.

Got here at 8:45 and they were about to close (supposed to close at 9 PM), but they stayed open and took care of us. Very friendly staff. Very basic inside with a couple TVs and a few video games. They also sell and rent videos here.

Look, when you are in Pine Mountain and staying at Callaway Gardens, there are not many options. If you are tired of hotel food, this is a great take out.

It is a chain. Prices are very reasonable and darn cheap when compared to hotel food. It was a pleasant break. Food was good for the desperate situation we were in with little else open.

What is good take out pizza? Everyone has their idea of what is good. For chain pizza when there is no Pappa Johns, this place was just fine. My child loved the pizza and I enjoyed it also for a basic pizza meal. Someone likened it to frozen Tombstone pizza. I guess if you let it get cold, it is not a stretch to imagine a likeness, but you are in Pine Mountain GA you probably could not find a store open to sell a frozen pizza at 9 PM. So we were appreciative for them being open to serve us.

My wife and I got the steak and cheese subs. It is one of those subs they bake in the pizza oven. Certainly not the best in the world, but not terrible and it hit the spot. The large was very large and a good value. I liked it OK.

I also got the chicken parmigiana. It is chopped white meat chicken on top of spaghetti with their standard sauce and covered with cheese. Not great, but again, 4 days of hotel food, it was a welcome reprieve. Don't get this on my recommendation!!!! I said it was OK given the situation.

Nice folks working hard to serve the community, typical Fox's pizza and a decent take out meal in Pine Mountain when tired of hotel food. They deliver and people at my retreat ordered and were happy with the pizza. Delivery and cook times can be slow depending on how busy they are.

Heck, I'd take out from here again in an instant.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Stompper
West Fargo, North Dakota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Stuff”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We arrived at Mountain Top Inn in the early evening, 10 miles out of town, and were very surprised that Fox's Pizza Den actually delivered out that far. Thinking we were having an easy dinner, were very surprised at how good the pizza was. Very good pizza, good price, and they delivered to our door. Quality pizza joint.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank StevZim
Rome, Georgia
“Wish we passed on this........”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed at Callaway Gardens, and went here for cheaper pizza. The calzones were great. The spaghetti was a joke. The meatballs were awesome. And then .............. there was the pizza. I rarely find a bad pizza, but this was it. A frozen Tombstone pizza would have been better. When the kids don't scarf down two slices each, there is a problem. and I'll be a lady and skip commenting on wait time, serving the pizza first while the calzone eaters sit and wait another 10 minutes for food, cleanliness and decor. I will have to say the positive ............. the guy taking the order was great, very kind and cheerful.

• Visited July 2012