“Hidden Gem!”
Review of New Perry Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Perry
New Perry Hotel
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Perry
Reviewed January 30, 2014

This hidden gem is an unbelievable find just off the interstate in Perry, Ga. Upon entering the hotel you are greeted by the wonderful owners who welcome you as though you were long lost friends. The unique atmosphere is truly more like a Bed and Breakfast then a hotel. The rooms are each decorated beautifully and are immaculately kept. The Tavery, an incredible bar/tavern located in the hotel has great entertainment on the weekends. The restaurant serves some of the best food I have had outside of Savannah. Everything is made from scratch southern goodness!
My favorite place however is the smaller pub complete with the nicest bartender around. A cozy place to hang out and meet your fellow guests and get to know the incredible owners. I promise you this is a place you will visit again and again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank WillowJoi

Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

On our way to a family wedding we stopped at the New Perry Hotel for lunch. Last time we had been here was in the early 90's. Still the same lovely dining room with excellent food. We had chicken and dumplings and red velvet cake. Not lite but delicious! A must stop!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kkovach
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We had the opportunity to stay in this delightful hotel recently when we visited the Georgia National Fair with friends. My husband is a Georgia native and is very familiar with the history of the hotel. We are very impressed with the renovation and restoration the new family owners are doing to return it to its former charm and beauty. Rooms are decorated with vintage furniture, wall coverings, and accessories. Some rooms are smaller than today's new hotels offer, but that is in keeping with the authenticity of the building which was first opened in 1894 and is now a Registered National Historic Landmark. The rooms offer all the modern conveniences one would expect. Staying at the New Perry Hotel will add a unique dimension to your trip to this historic town. The family members running the hotel are friendly, helpful, and the epitome of Southern hospitality . The service was excellent as was the authentic, made-from-scratch Southern food served in the lovely dining room. In addition, there is a quaint tavern room where you can enjoy a drink before dinner or after shopping or exploring historic Perry. We had a great stay a the New Perry Hotel and highly recommend it for a fun and unique experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

From the time Myself and Husband arrived, We were greeted very kindly.The Owners made us feel very Welcomed. This is the first time we have stayed here. We normally stay at the hotels on I-75. When we go to Perry Ga. We had lunch in the the Hotel Restsurant, We ordered the Home made Chicken and Dumplins. They were the best! Thanks for the Southern Hospility. Janice King.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We lucked upon this gem, by random chance, awesome! Great staff, friendly, treat you like family. This hotel beats any high end hotel in my book, we stayed in a 50's themed room, very clean, and well maintained. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I loved this hotel. I stayed there because a friend had mentioned it and I thought it was the most homelike place I have stayed in the US. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Perry except this hotel.
I had stayed in a chain motel on the "to go" trip and this was about 200 times better and I believe cheaper. I believe in the future these people may be able to charge more and get it.

Room Tip: Ihad the Elvis room and I liked it. It was large and comfortable and very different (in a good way...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sandrademexico
Reviewed August 19, 2013

For our annual trip to the Buckarama in Perry, Ga. we decided to stay somewhere different in Perry. I am so glad we chose the New Perry Hotel. Much like a bed and breakfast. The staff was so friendly and willing to help in any way they could. The New Perry hotel is so quaint and has such an historic feel to it. Each room is decorated with different things. We ate dinner in the restaurant and was very pleased with the food as well as the cost. We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple