“Locked out of my room for almost 2 hours!”

Ramada Perry Near Fairgrounds
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Perry
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed with you this past week at the Perry GA location. The room was clean although clearly looked old. I put my stuff in my room, Room 217, and went to dinner. I was staying for a Pest Control Conf at the Ag Center and Fairgrounds. I had work to complete that evening.

When I returned, my key would no longer work in the door. The card would turn the light green, but the bolt would not release. I tried to get in for 10-15 min, to no avail, on what was the coldest evening we've had in GA all year. I went to the desk, and talked to the clerk, who was kind, and walked me up to try to get into my room as well for another 10-15 min. No dice.

Then she called the owner who asked her to "wait" and try again. By this time I was already rolling my eyes, with no mention of a new room etc.

So we waited another 15 min and went up again and tried. Nothing.

The clerk called the owner AGAIN, and told her that she shouldn't call someone to help us get the door opened, which the clerk was more than ready to do. All this as she was checking people in which took up much more time. Then she told the clerk to go get a screwdriver and to pry the door open which we tried as well. Nothing. At this point in time, I told her that if she called the owner again, that I wanted to speak with him personally, as I had words for him that were not pretty.

Finally she was able to talk the owner into calling someone out, and she put me in another room (205).

About an hour later, I was able to retrieve my stuff from my old room.

I talked to the manager in the morning who offered me 50% off my one night's stay, which honestly, after all the headache and my having to stay up till all hours of the night finishing up my work-- I found rather insulting, but took.

Given the situation and the lack of meaningful service recovery, I would not stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 13, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 12, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Royson M, Manager at Ramada Perry Near Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Bed was great. However, one room of our two would not lock from inside or outside. Fortunately we checked when we left the room. Price was great. Other room one light not working even with a new bulb. They did offer to change rooms. Ice machine on floor did not work. One near front desk did.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mike H,
Thank you for giving us a review, We welcome all reviews and we try to improve on each and every one of them and we will on yours as well; all comments and concerns are taken seriously and actioned upon; rest assured.

Manager.