“Our Review”

Ramada Perry Near Fairgrounds
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Perry
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Royson M, General Manager at Ramada Perry Near Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Reviewed December 29, 2012

A Wyndham traveler
JACKSON
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Reviewed December 4, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2012

After a long day on the road from Kentucky, we stopped at the Ramada in Perry to sleep before driving the remainder of our time to Disney. We checked in late and had to check in from a security window on the side of the lobby, which made me nervous. I asked the young lady if they had security issues and she assured me that she would not work there if they did and said there was a guard who did a foot patrol all night.
The property was average. I did notice the guard walking around several times even late. The beds were very comfy with lots of pillows. The room was very clean. There was a fridge, regular tv (not updated). There was a pool and a bar but I couldn't tell if they were nice as it was late, cold and we had our children with us.

The room was extremely reasonable and included a free breakfast in the adjoining restaurant.
We went over to eat the next morning at the "Green Derby". The food was fine and there were hot selections as well. There were NO servers and I only saw one person refilling the buffet. You seat yourself, clean up after yourself, etc. The restaurant was very dark, in my opinion and outdated. We did enjoy looking at the Derby memoribilia as we are from the home of the Kentucky Derby - Louisville.

Overall - hotel was average, food average - exactly as I would expect for $65. Actually, probably better than I would expect for $65 but a good value.

We got about 5 miles down the expressway when we noticed that my daughter had left "Minnie Scarf" which is her super special Minnie Mouse stuffed animal. I called the front desk and the clerk told me to hold on and she would go search the room herself. She came back to the phone and said she had Minnie in her possession and we went back to get her. I felt that she went above and beyond by doing this as she could have just said she would ask housekeeping or she'd call me back if they found it. It made my 3 year old's day that we rescued Minnie.

Room Tip: You enter rooms from outside. We checked in late and I noticed a lot of noise from the bar/pool are...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Hotel employees were curteous and helpful. The room had mold in the bathroom. The hairdryer didn't work nor did the outlets. I think a circuit breaker tripped.

The breakfast was horrible. There was no waitress and we bussed our table. There was no water out and we had to serch for some. The plates and bowls were styrofoam and the cutlery was plastic. [They were out of forks and I had to hunt for one.] We knew that there were china plates and stainless steel cutlery; why didn't they use them?

We have been staying at this hotel for years. This change was very disheartening.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family