“Will not stay there anymore!!!”

Ramada Perry Near Fairgrounds
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Perry
Georgia, United States
“Will not stay there anymore!!!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Me and my family have been staying here for the last several years during the livestock shows because our children shows. This year our room was full of bugs the rooms was dirty. The breakfast bar has changed for the worst. What happen to the refrigerator and microwave that was in the rooms? Came back to our room on Saturday night and the room had not been cleaned and our dirty towels and ect was still laying in the floor! Was not worth the 100.00 per night will not be back and if your smart you will not stay there either.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Jesup
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Had a great stay with no problems. Breakfast was good. Location is convenient and staff were courteous and professional. Room AC worked well, internet was quick and room was quiet.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

We usually come here twice a year when were traveling to Alabama, but we decided to come here for the car show.
After we booked our rooms, we called to request 2 certain rooms. And the manager said she would accommodate us.
When we checked in, we showed the front desk our reservations, but our rooms and reservations were changed for the NEXT DAY even though she told us that she would reserve them for the requested day.
The Front desk clerk Rashawn tried to get us near those rooms but we were only able to get upstairs instead. When we got to those rooms, no towels or toilet paper.
Many from the car show have also had problems with the new management and manager.
And it was sad to hear that Mike and Jillan were gone!

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank Mbsc_843
RajeshMir, Owner at Ramada Perry Near Fairgrounds, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Mbsc_843,
Loyalty means everything to me. Please reach out to me and I will make it right; I would like to earn your business sir and I Promise once again to make it right for you. We don't have issues like this any more; there were people here that were intentionally trying to ruin the reputation of this hotel.

Travelers are raving about these Perry hotels

Miami, FL
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed there recently for my trip to Atlanta.After driving long hours needed to refresh myself.i stayed same place in May 2012. i can tell you this.i wish i drove little bit more miles and stayed somewhere else. Everything changed at the hotel!! Rude foreign people yelling at employees in front of guests.Parking lot and rooms almost everywhere looking so dirty and nasty.When i was waiting for my check in 4 different guests complain how bad odor they have in their room.I was just shocked when i get in the room.It was bad. Smells like didnt clean the room several months.Big bugs running in the bathroom and carpet had stains.A/C not worked most of the day.it was terrible experience for me.And the sad part my Turkish guy gone too :((
i would not recommend this place anybody anymore.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Sandra A
Maam, We apologize that you had a bad experience; I hope you will give us another chance. We have since made a lot of changes and you will not experience that again.
We have clean and comfortable rooms.
Oh, I hope the turkish guy comes back

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My mother and I stayed here the first week in August 2012.
It was raining real bad and getting dark, so we decided to stay at the "Holiday Inn", since my Car's GPS kept refering to it.To my surprise, it was the Ramada Inn with the look of the old Holiday Inn.
When we checked in, the black man at the front desk was polite and felixble to my mother's demands (She's 78).
We chcked in our room, which had a mold/stuffy type smell and
water stains around the bottom of the toilet bowl.
Luckly, we were able to get a new room which also had a weird odor.
By then we were tired, and ordered a pizza.
The next morning, when I turned the lights on, I saw 4 bugs on my mothers bed. It was time to go.When we went out side, their was bugs all over the place.

This hotel is VERY old and overprice for what they offer and the Orkin man isn't one of them.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Lisa D
Sir,
I am sorry you had a bad experience, We have since rectified the issue at hand.
Please give us another chance and you will not be disappointed; You will get what you pay for and you will see that all the amenities offered are quite cheap considering the value you are receiving.
Carnesville, Georgia
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I recently stayed at the Ramada for an event at the fairgrounds and was shocked at the treatment I received. When I checked in the clerk told me that because of a car show being held at the motel I had two choices for my stay, near the office or next to the car show. Since I have been coming to this motel for 15 years, I took the room near the office. As I walked into my room, I heard the commode running. Knowing that it would run all night, I went back to the desk and asked for another room. The clerk told me "either take that room or you will be next to the car show". When I asked for a different location, she told me" take it or leave". The maintanece man walked up and asked to fix the commode during our confrontation. I agreed to try for a repair and three trys later, he fixed the commode. Loyalty- 6 to 12 nights per year does not mean anything with the new management. This motel known for the breakfast bar now has powdered donuts and instant grits. Dirty rooms and clerks that do not care. I will not be back and several other regulars cancelled future reservations also.

Room Tip: go to another motel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank owen t
RajeshMir, Manager at Ramada Perry Near Fairgrounds, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Sir,
Please give us another chance, Loyalty means everything. We have clerks who care breakfast is same as before; we have FULL HOT Buffet breakfast which includes eggs, grits, sausage or bacon, oatmeal, biscuits and pancakes or french toast sticks; only difference is that it is SELF Service; We have FLAT SCREENS coming in next week.
Please give us a chance and you will not be disappointed.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Last week we stayed at the Ramada. Its a older motel, that apparently has been through some changes recently. The night girl (Christa?) was so sweet and helpful! Between my husband who is so picky and my kids who were just sick of the car, she was so patient and understanding of our needs. The security guard (don't remember his name) was also extremely helpful. The customer service of this place is top notch!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family