“I would come back”

Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Perry
Vero Beach FL
“I would come back”
Reviewed May 18, 2011

A very small but nice clean town. The hotel is easy to access. The room rates were very reasonable and the room and bathroom were exceptionally clean. It is NOT a new hotel, but I felt it rated better than I'd been reading on this site. They also had much better ratings on other sites.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed April 16, 2011

Once past the lobby the walls of the halls weren't impressive--needing updating. Our room was clean, especially the bathroom and no bed bugs in the chording of the mattress. The problems were the bed and the A/C and heating. We had decided to stay at this hotel because the A/C & heat were in the outside wall and the fan made noise to block out sounds, according to the desk clerk when we made reservations. The bed was VERY SOFT and the foot of the mattress was higher than the head. We called the desk clerk at 6:15 PM, immediately upon leaving the front desk, to see if we could change rooms and she said, "We are sold out." I asked whether we could get a board under the mattress and she said, "We don't have any." I said surely everyone hasn't checked in and we could see if you have another room with a better mattress and she again said, "We are sold out" and hung up. We left the room immediately for dinner and two parties were waiting to check in. The A/C only ran until it reached the temperature set and then you could hear the traffic--TRUCKS and MOTORCYCLES were fun--on the interstate and people in the halls and adjacent rooms. We turned the A/C from 72 to 63 just to get the fan to turn on and then when the fan went off we had to turn on the heat to get the fan to run for a short while again. We had to sleep with our head at the foot of the bed because of the significant slant of the mattress.

Room Tip: CON'T stay at Best Westerns
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
bestwesternbradbury, Webmaster at BEST WESTERN Bradbury Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN Bradbury Inn & Suites for your recent stay in our area.

1) The desk staff received additional instruction in the courteous manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

2) Maintenance staff was notified of the way in which you used the A/C, heater to block out noise and asked to see if they could help to find a solution.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at BEST WESTERN Bradbury Inn & Suites. I think you will be greatly pleased.

columbia,tn
Reviewed April 2, 2011

My experience at the Best Western Bradbury started out very well. I had just gone to the competing hotel next door where I was quoted an outrageous price of $129 for a suite that really wasn't a suite....a king size bed with a fold out couch that had a divider like a restroom stall. Looking down the hill I spied the Bradbury Inn & Suites which looked brand new. I went in and the lady behind the desk, who was very nice with a welcoming personality, quoted me $89 for a real suite...two rooms with two Queen size beds and a pullout....we have a family of five and really need the suite.

It was about 9pm and the pool was scheduled to close at 10pm. My family was still at the cracker barrel up the road and so I ask the lady if the pool could be kept opened til about 10:30 so our children could swim. We'd just left Florida because of foul weather and had not gotten in the water much at all. She assured me that she would keep it open and that we could stay in there as long as we liked.

Well the family arrived at about 9:30 and off to the indoor pool and hot tub we went. That's when things took a turn for the worst. She said we could swim but what she didn't tell us was that the automatic chlorination system had apparently just kicked in. It was awful. It took a few minutes to feel the effects but when you did it knocked you to your knees. My 7-year old son almost had an asthma attack and we had to break out his inhalator. My 15 year old daughter, who loves to swim, also had to leave because the air and mist was burning the eyes right out of their sockets. I'm telling you it felt like a World War 1 battlefield and we had just emerged from the trenches and were gassed...except of course we had no gas masks.

We ran to our rooms to find some fresh air and wash the chemicals off of ourselves. I didn't complain at the time but I don't understand why they would first of all chlorinate the pool so heavily BEFORE the regular 10pm closing time and second why they would let us go in knowing they were going to be making the pool temporarily unusable!!?!

The indoor pool experience was to have made up for, at least a little, the bust of a vacation down in Florida. It did not. In fact it just made it worse. But the worse was yet to come... at least for me.

You see I put my family in the two queen size beds and I took the pullout. It felt as if I had been gassed and the captured by the enemy and tortured. That pullout was misery. I mean I know its just a pullout but don't put them in there if they can't be used. First of all it had curled up on the edges like a top down seashell... not to mention it sloped severely from foot to head. I'm telling you it was like trying to sleep on the point of a highly pitched roof. One move and into the middle of the gutter you go where the steel bar was waiting to slap you around. I wound up having to lay on it sideways just to stay on it. I didn't sleep at all.

Add to this the lady who came on at 10:00 shift had the personality of a...well...bucket of chlorine. I asked her several questions and somehow she managed to answer them all without a single spoken word. Head bobs, hand gestures, and eye points. Of course she did have her nose stuck in her personal computer the three times my wife or I needed her, so I guess you can't blame her. As I lay in bed and let the pullout torture me for daring to sleep on it I realized that I had made a terrible hotel choice.

I guess sometimes you get what you pay for. Needless to say regardless of the good deal at a fairly new hotel that had an indoor pool and hot tub... I would have much rather paid more and been able to both breath and sleep. I surrender and officially admit to having lost the battle of Bradbury. But, that's a battle I do not intend to ever fight again...at least not in a Best Western Bradbury Inn & Suites.

Sincerely disappointed, Gregg (Conf #22020)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank greglegrande
Dear Guest,

1) Desk staff received additional training in the courteous manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

2) Maintenance was notified of the problem you had with the chlorine. They were instructed to see to it that the automatic chlorine system isn’t so strong that if it goes off with guests in the pool it doesn’t have this sort of response.

3) Staff was notified of the problem you experienced with the pullout bed and instructed to see if they could provide more comfortable accommodations in the future.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose BEST WESTERN Bradbury Inn & Suites. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Michigan
Reviewed March 23, 2011

Traveling from Florida back to Michigan we decided to stay at this hotel because it was convenient. We made reservations while we were driving, that was no problem. We checked in to our room and found that housekeeping hadn't done too good of a job because there were underwear left in our room from the night before I am assuming. GROSS. The pictures of the pool and hot tub look nice but looks can be deceiving. We had a room that was right next to the pool. We opened our curtains and could see the pool, so naturally we wanted to use it. We put our swim suits on and went to get in to the hot tub and scum was literally floating on top of the hot tub. It looked like someone had vomited in the hot tub. DISGUSTING. We complained to management upon check out and received like $10 off our stay, big deal. We would never stay again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

1) Housekeeping received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

2) Maintenance received additional training in properly maintaining the hot tub and pool.

Sincerely.
Danville, IL
Reviewed April 18, 2010

We found this motel to be very easy to find and granted us about the easiest access to the interstate that tired travelers could hope for. The rooms were average in quality and just what one would expect for the price. Use a coupon from the magazines found at rest stops and save $20. There are two other motels on this street and both looked clean and quiet. A Cracker Barrel is an easy walk up a small hill.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
nh
Reviewed March 29, 2010

we stayed at four BW this week and this one placed third.......not really clean.....could have been alot better................and i heard that the pool was cold....

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

2) Maintenance received additional training in maintaining a proper temperature in the pool.

Hyde Park, NY
Reviewed October 26, 2009

We were on a drive from Orlando to Atlanta, we needed a place to spend the night. This place was perfect. Friendly staff, bright, clean room. Everything we needed.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple