“The GM was incredible!!!! ”

The Swanson Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in Perry
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Swanson is a quaint restaurant inside a historic home in downtown Perry. Our specialty is classic Southern homestyle cuisine. We do not offer reservations, however, we do offer call-ahead seating. If you utilize call-ahead seating, once your entire party arrives at The Swanson, you are placed at the top of the waiting list directly behind any other call-ahead groups that have arrived before you. If you would like to reserve one of our dining rooms for a special event, please contact one of our managers. In order to reserve a room you must sign a contract, pay a deposit and guarantee sales. Our managers will gladly share these details with you.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The GM was incredible!!!! ”
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

The GM (Calvin I do believe) went above and beyond to make us feel welcomed with great southern hospitality! The food is like your grand momma's Sunday afternoon dinner!!! I wish I could rate this place with 10 stars!!

1 Thank JORDANKERSEY .

Bonner Springs, Kansas
“out of town visitor”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Cute old house . Seated fast. Drinks served fast. Ordered fried green tomatoes, side salad. Chicken dinners. Entree served first, then the salad, tomatoes never showed. Food had been pre preparedAD and setting inn warmer. Cheap but lousy . Won't stop there again. there at 6pm on 6- 8-2014

• Visited June 2014
“Awesome find!”
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Driving home from Florida we decided to stop in Perry, GA for dinner. We found The Swanson Restaurant. Beautifully restored 200-year old home is the perfect setting for old-fashioned, traditional Southern cooking. The Collard Green & White Bean Soup was amazing! We also had traditional fried chicken and chicken tenders. Both were most, crispy, and tender. Large side salad and fantastic mini cornbread muffins. Highly recommend if you are on the area.

Taarnby, Denmark
“Southern Romance”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

My husband and I went there for dinner one evening, I love that you can sit outside and eat. It's such a beautiful place, with lots of charm! I love that there was real flowers on the tables too, everything about that place is so romantic. The food is great too! Our server she was really nice and sweet, even though she had some struggles bringing our food outside, which is understandable when you need to open a door while carrying plates, she did a great job and was fast if our drinks were getting low.

• Visited May 2014
Murphy, North Carolina
“Mother's Day”
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Perry, GA was my daughter's and my meet in the middle. We met on May 10th for an early Mother's Day dinner. All I can say is I can't wait to do it again. Excellent meal and service.

Visited May 2014