“Food eh, service ugh!”

The Swanson Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in Perry
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Swanson is a quaint restaurant inside a historic home in downtown Perry. Our specialty is classic Southern homestyle cuisine. We do not offer reservations, however, we do offer call-ahead seating. If you utilize call-ahead seating, once your entire party arrives at The Swanson, you are placed at the top of the waiting list directly behind any other call-ahead groups that have arrived before you. If you would like to reserve one of our dining rooms for a special event, please contact one of our managers. In order to reserve a room you must sign a contract, pay a deposit and guarantee sales. Our managers will gladly share these details with you.
Nashville
“Food eh, service ugh!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

We wanted to try something locAl! The restaurant was cute: we sat down and the floor was dirty under our feet. Waitress said we could move Bc she was not allowed to sweep with customers in there. We moved. She was rude and not helpful. The food was average at absolute best. I got a salad which was good, grilled chicken breast which was hard and DRY, and a baked potato which was barely warm.. 5/10 at best!

MissKim111, Owner at The Swanson Restaurant, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear missj_90,
I am the owner of The Swanson and I saw your recent review. First of all, I would like to apologize for the terrible experience that you had. What you experienced should never have happened and I assure you that I will deal with the server personally.
Secondly, the servers are allowed to sweep and clean up under tables as needed when customers are present.
Regarding the food, I wish you had tried one of our Southern Favorites because that is what we are known for and what we do best. However, I will be looking into your complaints about the food as well.
Would you please tell me the date and time of your visit so that I can review your visit on our cameras as see who your server was? Also, please tell me what you had to eat as that will help me find the ticket.
Again, I apologize for your experience and appreciate your honest feedback.
Kim Sheridan, Ower

georgia
“Nice evening meal”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

The Swanson continues to serve southern favorites in a comfortable setting. Service was outstanding, with all of the servers checking on us whenever they passed our table. The country fried steak was good as were the sides we ordered. Not enough room for dessert though, maybe next time!

• Visited February 2013
Pensacola, Florida
“Great food in an old home...”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

This is the 2nd time we have been here. The 1st time was with a large group and it was not a good dining experience but the food was great. Now, this time it was just 2 of us. Cullen was a good server and knew the menu. Husband got the pot roast with 2 sides and he loved it. I got the vegetable plate with 4 sides. Delicious. We both got iced tea and total bill was just under $20.00. The little biscuits they bring are wonderful. We will go back. (Recommend reservations for the weekends.)

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank bluboogiebear
“Best food in Perry”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I live in Perry, and me and my friends go here atleast once a week after school. The food is sooo tasty and the service is wonderful! I reccomend the Farmers Chicken. If you are travelling on i75 you really need to stop and try this place. So good!

Atlanta
“Wonderful food and service”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We were traveling on 75 and had read other reviews on Trip Advisor so decided to stop in for lunch recently. We had a wonderful Southern meal from the rolls to the Sweet Tea. My husband ordered the Sweet Potato Souffle and the Collards and I had the Squash Casserole and Whipped Potatoes, we loved them all. The service was prompt and friendly and the restaurant is in a house built in the 1880's. Most of the meals were priced at under $8.00 and came with two sides which we considered to be a great value. It very well may have been the time of day that we stopped in but our only disappointment was that the fried chicken was a bit dry as if it had been cooked earlier and reheated. Overall, a great place to stop if you are traveling on 75 and, be sure to try the Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce for dessert!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank west73

Been to The Swanson Restaurant? Share your experiences!