“Needs a manager” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Nashville, Tennessee
“Needs a manager”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stopped here on the way home to Nashville from Disney. We chose this restaurant because fried chicken appealed to everyone and this location had a buffet. Ideally, this meant we could walk in, prepare our plates, eat and then leave within a reasonable amount of time. Unfortunately, no one was tending to the flock. For some reason we were all given small cups in spite of paying for 2 adults and 2 children. Not a big deal in and of itself. Found one of the few tables that wasn't occupied or dirty and was large enough for 4 people. I took my 6 year old to prepare her plate, took her back to the table, and returned to the buffet to prepare my plate and there was 1 piece of fried chicken available. I got the attention of one of the employees and she offered to get some chicken for both my husband and I. We told her what we wanted and she brought my husband 1 breast and 3 wings (not what he wanted) and she told me there was no dark meat available right now. I returned to my seat to eat my veggies and after a few minutes saw a woman come re-stock the chicken. I went back to the buffet to get some chicken and the people who had come in after me and were waiting at the buffet got to serve themselves first. In the end, I got one fried chicken leg and a few fried wings. This was a $30 mistake. Imagine, a chicken restaurant without chicken. Common sense would tell you that you need strong people and a manager on staff for a Saturday lunch shift. The KFC in our neighborhood in Nashville went out of business because they had the same problem. You always had to wait for chicken. Perhaps KFC needs to work on their strategy.

• Visited October 2012