“The best one I had been in .”
Review of Super 8 Perry GA

Super 8 Perry GA
Super 8 Perry GA
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Perry
Harriman, Tennessee
“The best one I had been in .”
Reviewed February 17, 2011

I thought that the super 8 motel that we were in,the room was one of the bigest rooms that I have stade in of any other hotels or motels.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Danielsville, Georgia
Reviewed October 18, 2010

Was so glad I chose this hotel in Perry!! I think it only had 2 stars, but i have learned you cannot always go by that. The room was really nice, clean, and updated. we brought our four small dogs and was even given a discounted pet fee. now that made me smile!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Dexter
Reviewed August 26, 2010

Just checked into Super 8 and requested a first floor room. I am traveling with my 89-year-old mother who has both a knee and a hip replaced and is on oxygen. This particular Super 8 has no elevator and my mother finds it very very difficult to climb stairs. The woman at the front desk said she would have to charge me $10 more for a first floor room, even though I told her the circumstances. Ironically, the hotel is empty so there are plenty of identical rooms available on the first floor. Ironically, the room they gave us is directly over their "handicapped" rooms. In all fairness, I called the corporate offices of Super 8 and they said that we should have been offered on of the handicapped rooms at the same rate as what we are paying for a 2nd floor room. they are investigating my complaint, but that doesn't solve the problem for tonight.

• Stayed August 2010

Travelers are raving about these Perry hotels

riverview, fl
Reviewed June 28, 2010

We needed a clean spot to rest for a few hours on our trip north...and were so very happy to find this Super 8 to be more than that...super clean...roomy...nicely furnished. We have absolutely no complaints..and we enjoyed our short stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank floridatwo
Ohio
Reviewed November 3, 2009

There were bed bugs (we found at least 5 in the beds/pillows) as well as bugs on the wall (another 5 bugs). When we told the front desk clerk about the bugs, he did not respond. He did not say anything during the checkout process. I think the county health departmnent might be interested in the bug situation. He was very arrogant. Our family will definitely not stay at this Super 8 again. We will keep going to the next town. We didn't even try the breakfast based on the cleanliness of the room! I wish I had read the reviews on this site before my trip.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Jonesboro, AR
Reviewed July 22, 2009

I think some reviewers are far too picky. First of all, if you're only paying $35 for a room, expect some imperfections.

My stay was mostly just fine. The only complaints I have are that the pillows were lumpy and thin and that the mini fridge in my room wasn't working as well as I would have liked, but once again, I only paid $35 for my room and only needed a place to sleep. The breakfast was rather weak, but not really a big deal to me.

My room was very clean. No sticky carpet or tub like others have mentioned, nor did I have threadbare sheets. I had good service and my room was spacious and comfortable as well as clean. The motel has free wifi and it worked great for me. My stay was fine and I'd stay again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Georgia
Reviewed January 25, 2009

BEWARE! If it were possible to give a motel zero stars, this one would qualify. This is absolutely the WORST place I have ever stayed.

I booked accomodations here only because it was the only place in Perry with any rooms available. I soon found out why. Reservations were booked directly with the motel a month in advance for 5 nights, and paid in full in advance by money order. I had planned on bringing a dog with me, and also paid their pet fee in advance.

During check-in at the motel, I informed the desk clerk that I did not bring a dog with me, that I had left the dog at home, and that I would like my pet fee refunded. I was informed that it was impossible since I had paid by money order???? I also checked out a day early, and they would not refund the last night's stay - because of some fictitious 7 day cancellation policy that I was not advised of when booking the reservation (I was told by 5 pm and I checked out early morning), or in their cancellation policies on the Super 8 website.

It took writing several letters to the corporate office before I FINALLY got my money back. It is absurd that a customer would have to do this on something so common sense; however, the motel staff and management seems to lack any understanding of American business practices, or the concept of customer service.

The bed and bathroom were passably clean, but the sheets were thread bare, the room smelled moldy and stale, the carpet was digustingly dirty, and there were dirty cobwebs hanging in the corners.

If this is your only option in Perry, DRIVE TO THE NEXT TOWN!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)