“pleasantly surprised !”

Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Perry
riverview, fl
“pleasantly surprised !”
Reviewed June 28, 2010

We needed a clean spot to rest for a few hours on our trip north...and were so very happy to find this Super 8 to be more than that...super clean...roomy...nicely furnished. We have absolutely no complaints..and we enjoyed our short stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank floridatwo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Ohio
Reviewed November 3, 2009

There were bed bugs (we found at least 5 in the beds/pillows) as well as bugs on the wall (another 5 bugs). When we told the front desk clerk about the bugs, he did not respond. He did not say anything during the checkout process. I think the county health departmnent might be interested in the bug situation. He was very arrogant. Our family will definitely not stay at this Super 8 again. We will keep going to the next town. We didn't even try the breakfast based on the cleanliness of the room! I wish I had read the reviews on this site before my trip.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Perry hotels

Jonesboro, AR
Reviewed July 22, 2009

I think some reviewers are far too picky. First of all, if you're only paying $35 for a room, expect some imperfections.

My stay was mostly just fine. The only complaints I have are that the pillows were lumpy and thin and that the mini fridge in my room wasn't working as well as I would have liked, but once again, I only paid $35 for my room and only needed a place to sleep. The breakfast was rather weak, but not really a big deal to me.

My room was very clean. No sticky carpet or tub like others have mentioned, nor did I have threadbare sheets. I had good service and my room was spacious and comfortable as well as clean. The motel has free wifi and it worked great for me. My stay was fine and I'd stay again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Georgia
Reviewed January 25, 2009

BEWARE! If it were possible to give a motel zero stars, this one would qualify. This is absolutely the WORST place I have ever stayed.

I booked accomodations here only because it was the only place in Perry with any rooms available. I soon found out why. Reservations were booked directly with the motel a month in advance for 5 nights, and paid in full in advance by money order. I had planned on bringing a dog with me, and also paid their pet fee in advance.

During check-in at the motel, I informed the desk clerk that I did not bring a dog with me, that I had left the dog at home, and that I would like my pet fee refunded. I was informed that it was impossible since I had paid by money order???? I also checked out a day early, and they would not refund the last night's stay - because of some fictitious 7 day cancellation policy that I was not advised of when booking the reservation (I was told by 5 pm and I checked out early morning), or in their cancellation policies on the Super 8 website.

It took writing several letters to the corporate office before I FINALLY got my money back. It is absurd that a customer would have to do this on something so common sense; however, the motel staff and management seems to lack any understanding of American business practices, or the concept of customer service.

The bed and bathroom were passably clean, but the sheets were thread bare, the room smelled moldy and stale, the carpet was digustingly dirty, and there were dirty cobwebs hanging in the corners.

If this is your only option in Perry, DRIVE TO THE NEXT TOWN!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled solo
Charleston, SC
Reviewed June 17, 2008

I booked 4 nights at this dump thru the Super 9 website because it was the only vacancy I could find in Perry-. I should have stayed in Macon! The room was supposed to be non smoking but stank of moldy ashtrays. After the second night I had to get out. I notified the desk that I needed to check out the next day; desk said, "no problem, just check out before 11AM." The next morning at 9:30Am I went to check out and the desk clerk said "We cannot check you out. You are not allowed to check out early" The manager or owner was screaming at the desk clerk but would not come out to talk to me. They refused to give me any documentation that I checked out! I tried to dispute the last 2 nights stay with VISA but they could not do it because "you did not get cancellation proof" from the Motel! That is why they refused to give me cancellation proof. Super 8 would do nothing.

My advice is to stay clear of this motel and away from Super 8 as well because they will not police their own chain!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
Ellijay, Georgia
Reviewed May 27, 2007

We only needed to spend the night on the way home, and we had a coupon for $36.99 for a room with 2 beds. We also had two small dogs and knew that Super 8 allowed pets. Well, of course, the fine print (which WAS NOT on the coupon) was that the rate was for an upstairs room. I recently had knee replacement surgery and since the dump had no elevator I was forced to pay $49.99 for a downstairs room.

I immediately removed the bedspread from the bed (which I always do at low budget hotels). Lo and behold the blanket was not only threadbare with holes, but it had white "stuff" all over it. I thought I was going to gag! I wanted to leave, but my DH was exhausted and we had already unloaded the car. They did give us a new blanket.

When I took a shower, my feet looked like I had walked in black tar. Unfortunately I made the mistake of taking off my shoes and walking to the bathroom barefoot.

The breakfast was stupid. They advertised "hot breakfast", but the only thing hot was a make-your-own waffle. They also had 2 or 3 bagels. After everything we had seen in the room we didn't even bother.

The final insult was when I went to check out. They had added $20 extra dollars for my two small dogs for "extra cleaning". I informed them that I should be charging them for "extra cleaning" of my dogs because of the filthy room and refused to pay. They finally agreed to remove the $20 for the pets, but I still plan to write to corporate.

Besides the room being filthy, I don't think they have the right to charge me extra because of my disability. Isn't there an ADA act or something? Plus, the "Free Hot Breakfast" was definately false advertising.

STAY AWAY.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hondar
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 10, 2006

Recently my husband and grandson and I stayed at this motel. We stopped late and only needed a quick sleep. The room was okay, but breakfast was unbelievable. There were two bagels and two Little Debbie pecan rolls on the continental breakfast bar. Cereals, but no fruit. Also, no plates. When another guest said there was not any cream cheese for the bagels, the front desk girl walked out (barefoot) to look into the container. She then put her shoes on and went out and came back with two more bagels and four Little Debbie rolls. During all this she did not speak to us. She did thank us when we returned our key. The late person going off duty took the last cup of coffee earlier when my husband went for coffee. She said there would be more ready in a few minutes. I would probably not stay here again even though the room was okay.

• Stayed July 2006