“excellent value and wonderfully hospitable”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Perry
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Perry
London, United Kingdom
“excellent value and wonderfully hospitable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed at the Microtel after having flown into Atlanta and making our way south to Florida for Christmas and the new year celebrations. We arrived quite late after having negotiated our way out of the sprawling Atlanta international airport,the vagaries of the i75 and getting stopped by the police in Macon!!!
We where concerned that by arriving late we would have the hassle of finding out that our pre- booked room had been given to someone else.

We finally arrived at the Hotel at about 23:00hrs and met with the night auditor ' Bobbie. By this time we where very tired and disorientated and this guy was incredible. he couldn't do enough for us and helped us settle in. He even made us a coffee while we did the paperwork. This was our first visit to Georgia and if Bobbie was anything to go by then the Georgian hospitality was indeed a delight.

We made our way to the room and where very impressed with the quality of decor and cleanliness. We had great nights sleep and when we went down next morning to check out we again found Bobbie working hard setting up the breakfast.

On our return to Atlanta for our flight home we thought that we would just drive the straight seven hours direct with no stopping. Then we decided that because we had enjoyed the Microtel and in particular the southern hospitality of Bobbie so much we would stay again just for heck of it. Again we met the now infamous Bobbie who seemed genuinely delighted to us again and we once again enjoyed a lovely evening at the Microtel in Perry.
I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone at all. It's not even about the money ( although it is exceptional VFM). I have in many many expensive hotels and not recieved anywhere near the quality of service that we got at the Microtel.
If your ever in Perry or even near by give this a try. You will not be disappointed. If you do. Tell Bobbie we said Hi.

Room Tip: Talk to Bobbie!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AlanWhicker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Tallahassee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

This was my 2nd time to stay here and will again. The first time I had a reguler room and . it was VERY small, but still very good. This time I had a suite which had plenty of room and was great. The only problem I had was the back door being inoperable with my key card. My room was on the back side of the hotel so I like to park there so I can see my car. I came in my second night there, with food, the back door wouldn't open so I had to get back in my car and drive around to the front to get in my room, relax, and have dinner. Other than that, GREAT HOTEL!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business