“High expectations - Food was both very good and very very bad - service worse”
Review of Thai Isan - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Thai Isan
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

I first want to say that I had very high expectations and took two colleagues who had never had Thai before. Coconut soup is a staple in Thai cuisine and is a good way to introduce thai cuisine, as it taste not how it sounds. The coconut soup at Thai Isan is absolutely the worst I have ever had. There we small curdles throughout and had a rancid smell and taste. I had to repeatedly apologize to my guest as all three of us could not eat it. When I mentioned that the taste was rancid and that I eat thai often (3 times in the two weeks prior), he said I think ours may be just different than any you have tried. I asked him to please check with the cook. His attitude was of disregard the rest of the visit and responded that the cook makes their soup sour and that it was correct. He took all three cups of soup, did not offer any replacement and we were charged for them. The rest of the meal was actually very tasty, even though the service was poor. I had the tilapia with three flavor sauce and it was very very good. My colleagues enjoyed their meal, however are not willing to go back.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

Recommend: Nau Namtok, Garlic Pepper Chicken and Chicken Pho noodle soup!

Great service, fast takeways and the best mix of spice and fresh ingredients. We used this restaurant for around 2 years whilst living nearby and it was brilliant EVERY time. We miss it loads! Great prices and kids meals excellent, not the usual rubbish of nuggets and fries. Get yourself in there and have a singha and tell them Matt the Englishman sent you!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

This place is great: Fast, light, healthy and affordable. Their servers treat you like family and the food is delicious. Thai San is very affordable, an average of $9.00 per person during lunch and about $12.00 at dinner time including drinks, you can't beat that.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

Decent Thai. I had the Green Curry Chicken, which was tasty and made with fresh ingredients. The service was pretty good. The atmosphere was pretty poor, kind of reminiscent of a truck stop.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Very good Thai, my favorite in the area. Southern bonus: great sweet tea :)