“OK but there are better places to eat around”
Review of Georgia Shrimp Co

Georgia Shrimp Co
Reserve with OpenTable
Georgia Shrimp Co is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are delighted to have the opportunity to serve you. Our philosophy is one in which we strive to make you feel as though you are dining in our own home.Take a load off and chill with us a while, indulge yourself in the lost art of relaxed, unhurried dining. Revisit the days of meaningful dinner conversation while we pamper you and do our utmost to provide a warm friendly atmosphere. Our cuisine is fresh and simple; we pride ourselves in creating new and innovative fresh fish specials each day with our Euro/South African flair. Our food is prepared fresh to order and may take a while longer than you may expect when the restaurant is busy. Fresh fish is delivered to us up to six days a week. We offer full bar with a wonderful wine, beer, and spirits selection. Chat to Ant, or one of our great Bar-Keeps, and we will find just the right wine for you. Our full ‘live’ jazz, soul and Motown program is sure to keep your foot tapping. Come on! Let us entertain you!
Marietta, Georgia
“OK but there are better places to eat around”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We had to wait to be waited on. Gal brought 4 very small pieces of bread - finally. Got the mixed spot and split it. Lobster was soggy, oysters good, shrimp seasoned well, fish ok but not much taste other than red seasoning on it. Mgr did bring us a full dish of bread. No drink refills. Lots of folks there maybe for the music.

Visited November 2012

Newnan, Georgia
“Fresh market is next door save some money and make it yourself”
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

I have been to Georgia Shrimp Company two times. Service is always lacking, the food is of moderate 2.5 star quality at a 3.5-4.0 star price. The Caesar salad does not taste home made and they don't have cracked pepper but table pepper in a salt shaker of all things. The calamari is tough and comes with a sweet And sour sauce....interesting Ina bad way. The shrimp are well bland standard shrimp. The dishes are the same, the one exception is the Malva cake which is exceptional and the reason we tried it for a second time.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Peri-Peri Shrimp and Chicken-Fabulous!”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We've been here many times. Love the live music most evenings. Most recently I had the Veggie Stack appetizer. Roasted veggies, mozzarella. Utterly delish for $9.95--shared around the table. My main course was the Peri-peri shrimp and chicken, which is rich and spicy and served with rice and a side salad. Love their balsamic house dressing. All Yum. My husband ordered the cajun salmon. My mom ordered the same as I did. My dad got a big seafood platter and had the chowder, which was awesome. My sons had grilled shrimp and mac & cheese off the kids menu, $6.95 included their drink and ice cream after. For dessert I had the flourless chocolate roulade, served with kahlua creme and ice cream. Wonderful. Although, I have to say, the best dessert on the menu is the Malva pudding/cake. It's moist and rich, similar to a sticky toffee pudding, if you've had one of those. This is a decent place to go for someone with a gluten sensitivity. Lots of tasty, healthy choices.

• Visited September 2012
Peachtree City, Georgia
“Delicious!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I came here on the referral of a friend and it was great! We went on a Tuesday night and I thought the place would be slow-I was wrong. Almost all the tables were full and by the time we left there was a short wait. We started with the fried calamari-it was good, lightly breaded with dipping sauce. The clam chowder was flavorful but a few more potato chunks than I prefer. I shared a plate with my daughter-the oysters, fried shrimp and grilled shrimp. It came with a salad that was average. The seafood was cooked perfectly and the accompanying rice was amazing-reminiscent of the rice we were served in Jamaica. If we hadn't shared we would have both had lots of left overs-portions are generous. We split the Malva for dessert and thoroughly enjoyed it while trying to figure out the different flavors. There was live music which was a little on the loud side but it did not detract from our experience. I can't wait to go back!!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Rachelld66
Detroit, Michigan
“Great meal and live jazz!”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Menu has a variety of choices with regional selections and interesting dishes. The salmon and creamed spinach was very good. Nice, non-chain atmosphere and the live jazz was such a nice touch. I will be back!

Visited August 2012