“Worst hotel stay I have ever had”

Hampton Inn Atlanta Peachtree City
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Peachtree City
Parma, Ohio
“Worst hotel stay I have ever had”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have family in Peachtree City so go there every year or two and have stayed at this Hampton Inn many times and had very nice stays. This stay was a nightmare. When I went to get into bed, I thought I felt sand, we lifted the covers, sand and an earing were in the bed along with other debris.-We called the front desk and were told they would bring sheets but we'd have to change them. It was already 12:15am, we were too tired to check out and try to find other lodgings, so we changed our own linens, while doing so, also found a gross looking stain on the duvet, and the pillows had so many stains it was sickening (luckily we had our own pillows with us). I asked to speak to the manager 1st thing in the morning-she never came to me, I had to seek her out, she knew nothing about our "incident". I had pics on my I-phone and showed her. She did appoligize and is supposed to remove the charges (so far not done yet), and let us check out penalty free for the following night. The grand finale was after we packed the car, my companion was standing by the AC to cool off and saw a 1/2 eaten power bar on the floor,next to the AC unit.The bathroom floor was also dirty, looked like it hadn't been swept-I took pics of that too.The only good thing we have to say is-the room diddn't have bed-bugs-thats a sad thing, when that is the best you can say.I hope they clean up their act, it used to be a very nice place to stay. I know I'll find other lodgings the next time we go.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank angelcat216

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Hands down best hotel in Peachtree city, Ga. Staff is exceptional they make you feel like you have known them for years! Beds are very comfortable and clean. Internet connection was kind of slow but the girl at the front desk assured me they were working to increase the bandwidth and thanked me for bringing that issue to there attention. We will be staying here the next time our travel plans bring us to Peachtree city

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Canton, Georgia, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Hotel had TV listings in the room which included SportSouth. When selecting the channel, message came up "not subscribed". Also applied to numerous other channels. Tried to cook some popcorn; microwave would not work. No electrical outlet at mirror in bathroom. Had to turn around and face the wall to shave. Nice people at the desk. Just need to correct a few things.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Watkinsville, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed at this Hampton Inn for the weekend because our son's baseball team was playing in a tournament at a local ball field. The facility was clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We spent most of our time in the lobby and the staff were welcoming and patient with our boys. The breakfast was very good - loved the oatmeal! I would recommend this Hampton Inn and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Johns Creek, United States
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed here because of a concert we went to at The Fredrick Brown amphitheater. Had a great time slept late and had a good breakfast and then proceeded to head for home The staff was great and very helpful we will stay here again for the same reason lots of fun at concert

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Westminster, Colorado
Reviewed May 31, 2013

If you need a comfortable clean inexpensive place to stay south of Atlanta, this one works. Standard Hampton Inn layout, bed & breakfast, very helpful staff. Only issue for me is their heating/air conditioning wall units in the rooms do not allow you to run the fan continually, which means the unit turns on & off all night long; very annoying.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Larry H
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I brought 32 cheerleaders ranging in ages from 11-18 to this area for competition camp. The staff was extremely understanding of the extra noise that accompanies 32 girls. I loved how secure I felt, traveling overnight with other people's children can be very nerve racking, but the staff helped make it an enjoyable experience. GO HAMPTON!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business