“YUM!”

Cuisines: Central American
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I went there looking for something different to try while visiting my Mama. They have a very interesting and creative menu. I had the special -- Moroccan inspired salmon with pepper jam and a light curry sauce. YUM! Mama had the seafood pasta. Both were quite tasty. The waiter was very friendly and very knowledgeable, and had great suggestions. Everyone working there was very nice. Good food, decent prices.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I have eaten here three times since it opened in June and it is delicous! The dining area is small, but the tables are not too close together. Each time I have made sure I have gotten the side item of chips with the blue cheese sauce, it is so yummy. I have never had to wait more than a couple minutes for a table and the food is served at the right pace.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I went to an event held in the lovely private club upstairs. The service was stellar from the bartender to the management, and the food they served was amazing. Fabulous spicy crab cakes, the best quiche I think I've ever eaten, creme brulee, and tasty chocolate chip cookies. They had some great drink selections that my party enjoyed. We look to bring our group back here regularly, because they were truly amazing. I thought their Sunday brunch menu looked pretty good, and not very pricy. I will be back.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Our foursome tried the new Latitude 32 last Saturday night before a concert at the Fred. The curbside appeal could use some work, the shades on the windows make it hard to tell if there is anyone in the restaurant, if it's open, or if it's jammed full. We were greeted immediately by a hostess and quickly seated at a table in the middle of the room. We had called ahead and made a reservation, so there was no wait necessary. The main dining room has very high ceilings which make for a very loud experience. This will not be a destination for a romantic, quiet night for couples. There is an awkward wall that forces patrons to walk by the bar area. The servers must walk a million miles more than necessary if there was just a break in the wall?!

Our server was excellent. She explained that the specials were based on a location that can be found at Latitude 32 on the globe. She was bright and personable and very friendly. Wish I remembered her name, she deserved a shout out. We chose wines from the wine list, it was nice to see some different names from those we usually see around town. Prices were not crazy high and the pour was appropriate - not too short. The server brought a tasting of a wine that we were not sure about to the table - great touch!

One of us ordered the fish tacos; which we were told would be the same one's we love from Grind's and Wines. They were good, but we missed the accompaniment of beans or taco chips from Grinds and Wines. I believe the price was $7 for two tacos. One of us had the rib eye steak - it looked very good and the gentleman that ordered it enjoyed it. Our request for the Reuben pannini sandwich was sadly refused by the kitchen - they'd run out of bread for it. Our server offered us a complimentary sandwich if we waited for someone to go get some bread, or we could choose something else off of the menu. Since we needed to get to a concert, we chose another sandwich. How do you run out of bread for an item that is on your menu, on a Saturday night, at 6:00 PM?

One of us had the jambalaya, it was not a very appealing dish to look at, but it was delicious. It was $17.95, a bit high for what it was, but again, a delicious dish.

We hope that the restaurant does well. PTC looses too many independent restaurants because they fail to maintain a high level of good service, offer reasonable prices, and offer a menu and wine list with a variety of price points. Another key here seems to be that they need to become part of the community by participating in the many events and sponsorships that are available in this town. Becoming an integral part of the community goes a long way to having patrons who are willing to spend money on a regular basis in your establishment. With this restaurant not being visible from a major road, that will make it even more important for Latitude 32 to remind people that they are open and ready for business.

1  Thank susanlst