“Lots of Choices”

Green Ginger
Ranked #13 of 155 Restaurants in Peachtree City
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Manager is Martin koechle, martink.greenginger@gmail.com.
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The atmosphere is modern and subdued. We arrived for an early dinner so we didn't have to wait to be seated. Our waitress informed us of the happy hour specials available-order one roll full price/get one half price-so we ordered two rolls. We have never been served sushi rolls that big. Then we all ordered entrees-way too much; we could have easily shared. The sushi was beautifully presented and good; I like the different sauces they use as garnishes. We ordered cashew chicken, teriyaki chicken and mongolian beef. They were all good, served hot and had distinct flavors. The service was good but I felt the prices were high. Each table has an ipad but we didn't use it. We will be going back there again.

1  Thank Rachelld66

Reviewed December 7, 2012

The first impression is a wow. Modern, subdued, elegant Asian theme. The experience declines immediately upon being seated. The tables have no linen or condiments.
The menu is ridiculously over ambitious. As one chef states, "no restaurant can possibly prepare each of these many items exceptionally." He was right.
The menu lists dozens of dishes. Upon close examination, one realizes they use a few foundational items and sauces in every conceivable combination to give the illusion of a rainbow of different dishes.
My dish consisted of beef, shrimp and pork with chunks of cubed veggies. All the items were fresh and correctly cooked in a bed of enormous noodles.
The dish had no flavor. The spices and seasonings were very safe to non-existent.
The service was excellent. The wine was outrageously over-priced at $9 a glass for a Calif chard.
Once the "newness" of this place diminishes, I really don't see it surviving.
Our server commented that the mgmt. was thinking about inviting Gordon Ramsey to dine there and offer his opinion. I suggested they postpone that!!

1  Thank Terry G
Reviewed November 30, 2012

My family eats at Green Ginger at least twice a month and always have great food and service. They have a variety of foods. Its not just sushi, so everyone should be able to find something they like.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Service is fantastic! Rebecca was our server. Try the Kimchi Chicken appetizer! Its delicious.
All of the sushi is fresh and the presentation is nice, too.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

The food here was great. I began with an order of calamari that was fantastic; I felt like I could not stop eating it. For the main course, I ordered the Godzilla Roll, which is under speciality rolls; they had a great taste and a bit of spice to them. The servers are friendly and the food is great, but during the weekdays this place is pretty dull, but I here there is entertainment on weekends, so maybe it's better then.