“Cupcakes”

the blue eyed daisy
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Palmetto
Cuisines: American
Description: this is a small cafe in the hamlet of serenbe, georgia, USA.
Description: this is a small cafe in the hamlet of serenbe, georgia, USA.
Reviewed July 28, 2014

The Blue Daisy bakeshop in Serenbe may have won Cupcakes Wars on the Food Network but it did not win me over. I tried 3 different cupcakes including strawbery, strawberry cheesecake, and dulche de leche and none were stellar. Perhaps, I came at the wrong time. The dulche de leche tasted more like cinnamon than caramel. The cupcakes were all average at best. I did hear one of the employees say that they had a new pastry chef. nonetheless, this is a decent cafe if you wander into Serenbe. Get some coffee and something to eat but don't expect any fireworks in your mouth.

1  Thank 1TrippyTraveler

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We enjoyed the two eggs breakfast here today. My wife had the bacon, I had the sausage, both were very good. Excellent grits. Nice atmosphere. Friendly service.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

We stopped in to the Blue Eyed Daisy while walking around Serenbe on a Saturday afternoon. We weren't even hungry but we couldn't resist a sandwich and some of their sweets. I'm glad we stopped.

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Some friends and I went horseback riding at the Trails of Serene and one of the guides told me about this place when I asked about places eat. We were astounded by the beauty of this area. Not only is it in a very attractive location but the patrons and staff were extremely nice! I had the blue eyed plate with country ham which was really good! I really can't I to go again. I loved it because it is away from the hustle and bustle of city life. I was very impressed with the daisy and will definitely go there again when I go back that way. Some of my friends can be extremely finicky when it comes to their food but no one had any complaints at all. I call the Blue eyed Daisy a gem because it is one of those places that is a must go when you find out about it. Not to mention the fact that the chef was a winner on Cupcake Wars! How cool is that?! Nevertheless, if you ever find yourself in Palmetto, Georgia or at Serenbe riding horses, you MUST go to the Daisy. I highly recommend it. This was my fist visit but definitely not my last!

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Great food in cute town of Serenbe. I am recently gluten free for medical reasons and they have a great gf selection for sandwiches and sweets-so appreciated that. Lots of choices for sandwiches soups, baked goods, coffee, tea, juices.