“Pretty dang good”

Lee's Golden Buddha
Ranked #3 of 26 Restaurants in Oakwood
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed April 20, 2018 via mobile

Got the moo shu beef and spring rolls. The moo shu was fantastic but the spring rolls were still cold I side. Prices are great for the amount of food you get. I don't live around here, but I would come back if I didn't.

Reviewed January 18, 2018

We picked up our to go order to celebrate my wife's birthday along with my daughters. They're two days apart so we did both. We ordered then left the house right away because its about a 25 minute ride from our house and another ten minutes to my daughters. The food was ready when we arrived but the price was a little higher than I expected. I guess there was a price increase a couple of months back but that was ok. Everybody else is raising their prices so what's the difference. The food was good and plentiful and the reception upon picking up the order was joyful. Good place to eat in or out.

Reviewed December 20, 2017

This is an a la carte Asian restaurant with a local following and very good tasting food. They seem to be a bit upscale and therefore may seem to be expensive compared to the local competition, but the quality of food and service brings my wife back to this one as her Asian choice in Oakwood.

Reviewed November 11, 2017

I'm a Chinese food fanatic. I ordered Mandarin Pork - menu said tender pork and shrimp. I asked about veggies. I asked to hold the green pepper. Dish arrived with mostly chicken and lots of green pepper. Asked waiter about the chicken - waiter confirmed that the dish is mostly chicken. So why doesn’t menu say that? No answer.

I asked for Mongolian PORK instead. Waited 15 minutes. Original waitress appears and asks, "What's the problem?" I explain. Waitress says they are cooking the Mongolian BEEF right now - wrong dish - I ordered PORK!

Got up to leave. Went up front to pay for my wife's meal. Cashier asks if everything was alright. No, I say. I explain. Not even an apology! Also, my wife's dish was supposed to have crab meat - she got artificial crabmeat. I'll never go any Golden Buddha again.

Reviewed October 27, 2017 via mobile

Went for lunch and had vegetable lo mein with hot and sour soup. The meal came with a honey wing, crab Rangoon, and fried rice. Both the lo mein and rice were good and didn't taste odd like some Chinese places. I will definitely return.